Minor Technical Issue ?

Jun

Minor Technical Issue ?

Post by Jun »

This site randomly logs me out. Any time. The last instance was just a few seconds after my previous post.
It's not a major issue, but I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue ?

I haven't noticed the problem on other sites. Including at least one phpBB board and another gay board which I gather is hosted on the same server.
I've done the usual stuff like clearing cookies.
Gaybutton

Re: Minor Technical Issue ?

Post by Gaybutton »

I can't help you with that one. Nothing on my end seems wrong and nobody else has informed me of any problems. If you've tried all the usual procedures, the the only suggestion I can think of is to try accessing the board with a VPN and see if the same thing happens.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The odd behaviour continues.
Today it kept insisting I'd put in the wrong login details. Since Firefox remembers all that, I doubt it.

Then I was told I had exceeded the number of permitted login attempts and would need to do a Captcha test. Without actually presenting the Captcha test option.
Finally, it logs me in with the same details that Firefox has been filling in all the time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:16 pm The odd behaviour continues.
I still can't help you. Nothing similar happens to me and I use Firefox too. This is far beyond my scope. The best I can suggest is that you contact Moses, either by PM on this board or PM on his Sawatdee board, let him know what is happening, and see what he suggests.
Jun

Post by Jun »

This is a minor issue, so if I'm the only one with it, I'll just carry on with it.
If others have it, it might be worth some effort, on the basis that some new members might run off when it doesn't work.

(My tendency is to report issues, as often the people in charge don't even know about a problem, since no one else reports it).
thaiophilus

Post by thaiophilus »

I have a similar problem: if I try to log in using Firefox I get the message "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again."
which is probably due not to Firefox itself but one of the many add-ons I use for spam blocking etc. though as far as I can tell they are all turned off for this site. In Chrome I have no problems.

[Reporting this for the record, not because I'm asking for anything to be done.]
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiophilus wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:51 am [Reporting this for the record, not because I'm asking for anything to be done.]
I appreciate that, but if anything can be done, then I want it done. I don't want any of my board members to have these kinds of problems when it should be "smooth sailing" all the way.

If clearing the board cache, board cookies, your browser cache, re-starting Firefox, etc. doesn't work, please contact Moses and let him know what problems you are experiencing. If the problems can be fixed, Moses will be able to do it. I wish I could help, but I can't even guess what might be causing these problems. I'm no computer guru - but Moses is.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

No problems here.

There are Captcha test that measure speed and direction of mouse movement and don't have pictures.