Think my boyfriend took my passwords

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Think my boyfriend took my passwords

Post by Jun »

Rocket wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:32 pmThe cost of phone service from USA to use in Thailand is prohibiting, at least with the provider I’m using for bundling.
I'm not suggesting you use the US service in Thailand.
Just have it available for incoming 2FA messages, for the backward companies that insist on text messages. These normally cost nothing.
[For 2FA, I've seen companies use text messages, What's App, e-mail, their own app and an authenticator app. In my opinion, text messages are the worst option & are unfit for purpose, since they're not secure and you need the correct SIM in the phone. Using an app with fingerprint login is my favoured solution.]

Rocket wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:32 pmI’m enjoying myself and this is something I’m writing about on my free time.
Glad to hear it.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

I am amazed that so few people here appear to use Dual-SIM phones. Main phone has Thai/UK SIMs and my secondary phone Lao/Myanmar SIMs. Every phone in the household here, and that's a lot of phones, is Dual-SIM. As well as being useful for 2FA, it also enables people to send an SMS at zero cost (In UK at least) and I will call them back on VOIP which, equally, costs nothing or next to nothing. Yes, I use Skype, Line, Telegram and Messenger but not everyone has these options.
Jun

Post by Jun »

billyhouston wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 pmI am amazed that so few people here appear to use Dual-SIM phones
Investigating this is on my "to do" list.
My previous Android phone did not support dual SIM, so I thought it was easier to just take an old fashioned Nokia phone for the UK SIM and leave it in the hotel safe.

My current Android phone supports dual SIM, one physical SIM and one eSIM.
My UK network doesn't support eSIM. Apparently my Thai network does, but I'd also need to use eSIMs in any other Asian country I go to.
My UK network still has free roaming in most European countries, so I don't need to swap SIMs there. This one of the reasons why I tolerate a network that doesn't support eSIM.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Thanks for all that info guys. By dialing *#06# I found out my entry level se iPhone has dual SIM card ability. That should solve the problem. I’ll use the sim from my company in USA and just use it for 2FA. And use AIS here.
Honestly I rarely use my phone as 95% of the time I’m using my iPad. So previously I was using google fi and I noticed my code worked on that. So should have realized I had dual eSIMs. But I dropped it because their customer service sucks if you need to speak to someone, and decided to bundle with current provider.
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

For Jun. Which UK network do you use, that gives free roaming in EU? I can't find one!
Jun

Post by Jun »

KeithAmbrose wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:38 pm For Jun. Which UK network do you use, that gives free roaming in EU? I can't find one!
I am using 1PMobile. They use the EE network, which I prefer, as the nearest transmitter to my house is EE.

https://www.1pmobile.com/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Let's please get back on topic. If anyone has anything further to say about the missing passwords, this is the topic on which to post.

If you want talk about phones, that's fine, but please start a new topic. The posts about phones have nothing to do with this topic.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:39 pm Have you thought about keeping your more important items in a desk drawer that locks?
I have a safe and use it for passport, money, etc, but I got tired of using it for my password sheet, and stuck it underneath papers in my bedroom bureau after using it every other day.

Btw, he moved back to Bangkok yesterday because they were going to fire him for being away from his job for so long. So worked out well that I didn’t need to resort to kicking him out.
Jun

Post by Jun »

One copy of a password list is not ideal.
Rocket wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:50 pm Btw, he moved back to Bangkok yesterday because they were going to fire him for being away from his job for so long. So worked out well that I didn’t need to resort to kicking him out.
That's a good result.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rocket wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:50 pm Btw, he moved back to Bangkok yesterday because they were going to fire him for being away from his job for so long. So worked out well that I didn’t need to resort to kicking him out.
Now that's what I call good luck! It couldn't have worked out better. You ought to buy a Thai lottery ticket and try for the USA's Powerball.