Phone Apps

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Jun

Re: Phone Apps

Post by Jun »

maump wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:05 am hornet is worthless here with an ad every other user profile locally . And now wont let you see any profile if you try "travelling". also won't let me log in with a VPN so you cant use it is restricted countries.

I used to get an occasional offer for upgrade from grindr but haven't for a while. maybe if I started a new user account... Need to try blue stacks....

I guess I will try again in thailand next time with hornet, but I am usually in BKK and pattaya so grindr is good. Grindr is good in colombia
Right now in the UK, with filters off, I see just 1 other Hornet profile in a 10km radius. I see the maximum permitted 99 profiles on Grindr within the 10km radius. Subjectively, Hornet used to have a similar number of people, before they started taking the mick with the adverts.

In Pattaya, some boys use all the apps & others rarely stray away from their preferred app.
That preferred app might be Grindr, Hornet or even Jack'D.
Knowing that some rarely move away from their preferred app, is the one reason I try several of them. With Grindr getting the best results in Pattaya.

The one thing I can't entirely figure out is why some of the bar boys don't appear on the apps.
1 Are their profile photos unrecognisable from their current appearance ?

2 Are they just interested in drinks & tips in the bar, rather than sexual services ?

3 Do they lack the skills to converse in English on an app ? Even by using google translate
(I know it can be done, as one Khmer lad used to negotiate all of his Grindr trade from voice input & audio output)

4 Do they get enough trade from the bar or other sources, without using the apps ?

5 Are they only on at 3:00 am after finishing at their bar ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:36 pm The one thing I can't entirely figure out is why some of the bar boys don't appear on the apps.
The answer to that would be anybody's guess. My own guess is some either don't want or are afraid to meet a total stranger who they haven't met and chatted with inside the bar, where they are safe. Farang are choosy about who they want to take off. Maybe some of the boys are just as choosy about which farang they are willing to go with and want to meet them personally before going off with them.

Like I said - just guessing.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:18 pm The answer to that would be anybody's guess. My own guess is some either don't want or are afraid to meet a total stranger who they haven't met and chatted with inside the bar, where they are safe. Farang are choosy about who they want to take off.
That could be part of it, but having a presence on the apps doesn't mean they have to rush out to meet every farang that contacts them.
They could just say "come and see me at XYZ bar" or where they have already met the customer, agree a meeting. Therefore getting some sales from online marketing.
Of course, I'm assuming rational thinking here.

Having said that, it would also be rational for me to ask, but where I have offed lads from bars, I usually just asked for their Line IDs, rather than the phone app IDs.