Chinese Food in Pattaya

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Chinese Food in Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

Other than high end Chinese restaurants in Pattaya, there hasn't been much I've been able to find. I and my friends were quite disappointed with the Village Chinky, but we were there only on the second night they were open. They deserve another chance.

Meanwhile, we found a hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant we really liked. Unfortunately, for most of you getting there would be a problem. It's right at the corner of Chaiyapruek and Sukhumvit. If you were heading toward the beach from Sukhumvit, it's immediately next door to the Family Mart on the corner. The restaurant sign is entirely written in Thai, but their menu has both pictures and English - and it's good English for a change. The portions are huge and quite cheap. I had won ton soup with noodles, Hong Kong noodles, and sweet and sour pork. I couldn't finish it. I took a lot of it home. Between the food and the bottle of water, my bill came to 175 baht. You cant beat that!

I really liked the sweet and sour pork. It's the second best I've found in Thailand. The best I've had, in my opinion, is that little hole-in-the-wall Chinese restaurant right next door to the Pinnacle Hotel in Bangkok. If there is any better than that, I'd sure like to know where. But the sweet and sour pork at this restaurant is quite good, and plenty of it!

I still would love to find a Chinese restaurant that makes my personal favorite, American style egg foo yung. Village Chinky has egg foo yung, but not American style. Theirs is simply an omelet. This Chinese restaurant doesn't make egg foo yung at all. A couple of my friends had an eggplant dish that they loved. They said it was just like eggplant parmesan without the cheese.

You can eat in or take out. They have plenty of tables and very good service.

What really seems strange to me is here we are in Thailand, a stone's throw from Hong Kong and China, and yet finding good, inexpensive Chinese restaurants is a real challenge.
richsilver

Re: Chinese Food in Pattaya

Post by richsilver »

There is a rather well-known Chinese restaurant on Pattaya Klang, opposite Foodland and towards the beach. It's a large place called something like Linkee. I rather enjoyed the food there a few months ago and it seemed fairly authentic. They have indoor and outdoor seating and the very typical rude Chinese style waiters.
Gaybutton

Re: Chinese Food in Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

richsilver wrote:It's a large place called something like Linkee.
I know the place. Actually it's called Leng Kee and it's a little further down toward the beach. It's at the corner of Pattaya Klang and Soi Buakhao. I didn't realize they have Chinese food. The couple times I've been there I was with Thais. Nobody mentioned they also have Chinese food.