Sihanoukville,Cambodia

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
gertrude

Sihanoukville,Cambodia

Post by gertrude »

A few years ago many ..were saying this would be the next Pattaya .
I ..havent been there however just hoping..that someone can do a report on how they found it,not only ..in terms of gayness but hotels etc.
What is the best way to get there?
I know there are a few expats going over to live in Cambodia so maybe it will even get better.
starofdavid

Re: Sihanoukville,Cambodia

Post by starofdavid »

This area far better for straight people than gay.
I dont know maybe changed since I last went.

I think more expensive you using U.S dollar here.
No GO GO bar I know of.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

starofdavid wrote:This area far better for straight people than gay.
I don't know maybe changed since I last went.
Can you give us some more details? When was the last time you went? Why do you say it is better for straight people? What gay activities did you find? Were there available boys? What is the going rate to give them? Where did you stay and would you recommend staying there?

Details, please.
Brett

Post by Brett »

We spent a week in Sihanoukville two years ago. Serendipedy & Ochheuteal Beach amazing - would recommend staying there. Pity that most of the accommodation situated on the beach is fairly basic or rustic. Great atmosphere on the beach both day and evening. Found some friendly guys who might have got more friendly but generally, could not find any sign of organized gay entertainment etc. Perhaps we did not look hard enough?
pong

Post by pong »

no-there was not any.
Where that prediction comes from is a mistery to me. maybe someone tried to drum up custom for a bar/place he thought about opening up.
The only places with just a small shimmering are in Pnom Penh and Siem reap-the latter mostly for the ever increasing nr. of tourists visiting the fanous Angkor temples.