Belgian arrested

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
gertrude

Belgian arrested

Post by gertrude »

A belgian ...man has been arrested a few hours ago..read this on thaivisa,has his photo up
Please do not get..these people mixed up ..as gay people.

.BANGKOK — Thai police arrested a Belgian man on pedophilia charges and a Thai national accused of supplying him with underage children in an illegal trafficking ring, an officer said Thursday.

Philippe Francois, 41, was arrested Wednesday evening at his apartment in the northern city of Chiang Mai, where he had allegedly engaged in sexual acts with at least three teenagers, two of whom were minors, said police Lt. Col. Chaichan Penchaiya.

Police also arrested Suchai Beowtoo, a 21-year-old Thai man who allegedly procured boys for the Belgian for a fee of 1,000 baht (about $30) each. He faces charges of luring minors for sexual exploitation, Chaichan said. The two men would allegedly meet at bars in Chiang Mai where Francois would choose boys from pictures brought by Suchai. An organization called the Anti-Trafficking Coordination Unit Northern Thailand says there are at least a half dozen known child trafficking units in the northern provinces of Chiang Mai and neighbouring Chiang Rai.

If he is found guilty I ..hope he gets his deserved sentence and booted out !
lvdkeyes

Re: Belgian arrested

Post by lvdkeyes »

A more deserving sentence would be for him to rot in a Thai prison rather than be booted out of the country.
Keyvan

Post by Keyvan »

gertrude wrote:A belgian ...man has been arrested a few hours ago..read this on thaivisa,has his photo up
Please do not get..these people mixed up ..as gay people.

.BANGKOK — Thai police arrested a Belgian man on pedophilia charges If he is found guilty I ..hope he gets his deserved sentence and booted out !
I am constantly amazed at the comments on these forums about 'paedephilia'. It appears that no one seems to know what it is [or even how to spell the word], the police, the screaming newspaper headlines or those 'lock them up' screamers

A paedephile is a man [or woman] who is sexually attracted to pre-puberty children, boys and/or girls. A paedophile is normally only interested in their own sexual gratification and their sexual acts almost always include penentration.

A true paedophile is a sick animal and abhored by all!

A man having sex with a teenage boy is NOT a paedephile. He MAY be guilty of under-age sex [but as by which country's rules? France 21, Australia still 18 for boys 16 for girls, England now accepting the age for boys and girls at 16, Denmark 14 for boys, Indonesia no legal age, etc. etc. for consensual sex].
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Keyvan wrote:I am constantly amazed at the comments on these forums about 'paedephilia'.
British English it's 'paedephilia'

American English it's 'pedophilia.'

Both are correct, depending on which version of English you were taught.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Keyvan wrote:I am constantly amazed at the comments on these forums about 'paedephilia'. It appears that no one seems to know what it is [or even how to spell the word], the police, the screaming newspaper headlines or those 'lock them up' screamers.
Whether it's technically correct or not, a lot of people refer to anyone having sex with a legally underaged person as a pedophile (as you can see from the spelling, I'm a yank). While I generally don't refer to somebody who had sex with a 16 or 17 year old as a pedophile, I'd label somebody diddling a 11 or 13 year old that way regardless if the kid's gone through puberty.

We on message boards seem to get into arguments on occasion because of how people use and interpret words differently. Besides the word "pedophile", the word "prostitute" seems to always ring somebody's bell.
Once in awhile

Post by Once in awhile »

The beauty of English is that there is almost always a specific word for everything. And if you stick with the dictionary definition then there should be little room for confusion or argument.

Pedophilia (or paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in adults or late adolescents (persons age 16 and older) characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children.
Hebephilia refers to the sexual preference of adults for individuals in the early years of puberty (generally ages 11-14, though puberty may vary).
Ephebophilia is the sexual preference of adults for mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.
Gerontophilia refers to the sexual preference for the elderly.
Prostitution is the act or practice of providing sexual services to another person in return for payment. People who execute such activities are called prostitutes.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Once in awhile wrote:Gerontophilia refers to the sexual preference for the elderly.
Why is it that there's never a Gerontophile around when you need one?