Circumcision and Sexual Functions

artic55

Circumcision and Sexual Functions

Post by artic55 »

The respected International Journal of Epidemiology just published a study on "Male circumcision and sexual function" versus normal males in volume 5 oct. 2011. and the Conclusions are quite interesting, at least for us the lucky ones that were not physically molested at young age, that is circumcised.

Conclusions: Circumcision was associated with frequent orgasm difficulties in Danish men and with a range of frequent sexual difficulties in women, notably orgasm difficulties, dyspareunia and a sense of incomplete sexual needs fulfillment.

Link to the abstracts of the study: http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/4 ... 7.abstract the full study can be found in volume 5.

When I think about it I do recall quite a few circumcised guys that I have dated over the years that took noticeably longer than me to "Finish"

My question is, do you think the conclusion of this study reflects your experience when you have sex with circumcised versus normal guy?
lvdkeyes

Re: Circumcision and Sexual Functions

Post by lvdkeyes »

artic55 wrote:
When I think about it I do recall quite a few circumcised guys that I have dated over the years that took noticeably longer than me to "Finish"
And this is a bad thing? If the idea of sex is to get it over with as soon as possible, I have been doing it all wrong.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I didn't have (or was not aware of it) sex with circumcised men. But I recently read that on a pro-cicumcision website that some men proclaimed that their sexual perfomance increased after getting circumcised as adults. I think there are not many adult men who get circumcised, and if then for medical reasons. So let's compare this to removing the tonsils: it's a good thing if you have tonsilitis, but useless if not. On a website against circumcision I read complaints of circumcised men who have little feeling during sex and attribute this to lack of foreskin.

I don't know if 2000 years are long enough (in the development of species - Darwin) to make a difference among cultures that circumcise and those that don't circumcise.

As there are as many studies for circumcision as there are against circumcision, it probably doesn't make any difference (exept for some unfortunate whose circumcision is botched), it's just a way to make money for something nobody needs.

I am against circumcision.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

artic55 wrote:My question is, do you think the conclusion of this study reflects your experience when you have sex with circumcised versus normal guy?
I always thought the circumcised guys were the "normal" guys.
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

Speaking as someone who got circumcised after 40, I have never noticed my sex life going downhill. In fact, I would say that it got better.
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

thaiworthy wrote:
artic55 wrote:My question is, do you think the conclusion of this study reflects your experience when you have sex with circumcised versus normal guy?
I always thought the circumcised guys were the "normal" guys.
Normal is the way boys are born, with foreskin.
xiandarkthorne wrote:Speaking as someone who got circumcised after 40, I have never noticed my sex life going downhill. In fact, I would say that it got better.
You mentioned medical problems in an older post. Circumcision is for medical problems.

Let me tell you (no pun intended) a far fetched anology.

There was a story about a man whose hand got cut off during an accident with an agricultural machine in a village near my hometown. Doctors were able to reattach it, and he lived with the reattached hand for weeks or months, but the side effects were so bad (infections, strong medicamentation, he couldn't use the hand), he decided to have it cut off again and live without the hand. For this man, life was better without the hand than with it. However you can't generalise this case for the whole population.

Circumcision of newborn boys is genital mutilation!
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

This argument has gone on for eons. It's a matter of personal preference. There are valid arguments for and against circumcision.