Singer Whitney Houston - Dead at 48

Gaybutton

Singer Whitney Houston - Dead at 48

Post by Gaybutton »

Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48

By the CNN Wire Staff
Sat February 11, 2012

(CNN) -- Legendary pop singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48, representative Kristen Foster said Saturday night.

The cause of death and where she died were not immediately known.

According to her official website, Houston, who struggled with addiction problems over the years, sold more than 170 million albums, singles and videos over her career.

Full story: http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/11/showbiz/w ... index.html

Video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/201 ... cement.cnn
lvdkeyes

Re: Singer Whitney Houston - Dead at 48

Post by lvdkeyes »

A waste of a great talent!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:A waste of a great talent!
Too many highly talented "superstar" singers die young like this. It started, as I recall, with Judy Garland and it's been happening regularly ever since. Janis Joplin, Michael Jackson, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison just to name a few. Now Whitney Houston. It's really sad.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

It goes back before Judy Garland. Jean Harlow died at 26 from renal failure. Who knows what would cause renal failure at such a young age!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Jean Harlow died at 26 from renal failure. Who knows what would cause renal failure at such a young age!
Singers, actors, whatever - I think it all boils down to one thing: drugs!

I wonder if James Dean was high on something when he died in a car crash. Or Carl Switzer - better known as 'Alfalfa' from The Little Rascals and Our Gang comedies - when he went enraged and threatening someone over a $50 debt and ended up dead at 31.

Add to the list Heath Ledger, River Phoenix, Marilyn Monroe, Kurt Cobain, John Belushi, Elvis Presley - and the list goes on.
bing

Whitney Houston

Post by bing »

I would not say I was one of her greatest fans, but I do have " I Will Always Love You" on my MP3 player as one of my top 10 favorites of all time up with The Titanic Song, "My Heart Will Go On" With the Superbowl game just over this past week, I did mentally flip back to the 1991 time she sang the National Anthem, I don't know a lot about music, but I knew that was PRIMO, when I heard it. I am not prone to tears a lot but this loss of beautiful life is cause for sadness.