Best Breakfasts

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Re: Best Breakfasts

Post by 2lz2p »

TheCornerBar wrote:When PSM has patty sausage, their biscuits, gravy, and sausage, are the best! At RMPM, the chicken Parmesan, with spaghetti and marinara, is my favorite. RMPM also has some very good jalapeno poppers.
PSM had the patty sausage on my first visit for breakfast and the gravy was a plain cream gravy - it was great, which led me to posting about his having biscuits, gravy, & patty sausage.

At another later time, I asked for sausage with my biscuits and gravy -- I got link sausage instead of patty sausage. But, the gravy was a sausage gravy (cream gravy with chunks of sausage - patty type, not link) - still good and worth the money. That time and a couple of times after that, the owner wasn't there (I think he went back to USA for a few weeks). The last time I ate there, the owner was back, but I didn't think to ask him about patty sausage - we were too busy talking about breakfast tacos (burritos) :) .
Keyvan

Post by Keyvan »

Gaybutton wrote: We've had "best breakfast" topics before, but I think it's time for a new one. Where are the best breakfasts? And let's not limit it to Pattaya. I hope those of you familiar with other cities in Thailand will also tell us about good places to go for breakfast.

In Bangkok, I used to enjoy the breakfast at O Ho, mainly because it was pretty good and right across the street from the Malaysia Hotel, which is where I like to stay. But now O Ho no longer exists and I think the breakfast at the Malaysia is lousy, and I don't know other places to go for breakfast in Bangkok. What are your favorites?
As far as basic breakfasts go, 40 different items on a buffet, many different breads, pastries, etc., it is a bit difficult to go past what you get for FREE at Pinnacle Lumpinee, whether you are paying the basic $30 p.n. or take one of the more eexpensive upstairs suites, closer to the s/pool, sauna/steam action...all the same breakfast. from 6.00 a.m. too and in full swing, for those horrible early morning trips to the airport.

For an exotic Sunday Brunch it is hard to beat that at The Shangri La, an enormous selection, hot and cold for BAht 1500 or thereabouts, but stick to cold water otherwise you will quickly double the bill!
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Ok, time for my tuppence worth. Two months into my visit in Pattaya and I've tried quite a few of the suggested breakfast places mentioned as well as others which have not been. Truth is I believe, for a full English breakfast you can get a decent one in a lot of places so its hard to choose a top one. However of those mentioned I would choose PapaDavids as my personal favourite although I think I'll award my gold star overall to Sea Fresh on Tappraya Rd.
Toast x2, bacon x2, eggs x2, sausage x2, baked beans and grilled tomato 99B.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Shenanigans Jomtien Complex location now opens at 11:00am..
before it opened daily at 8:30am and had a great breakfast...
but I find 11:00am too late for me to enjoy breakfast.

Have not checked the opening hours of their Second Avenue location...
...where Villa Market is located...Shenanigans is on the on second level.

tj
Klong

Post by Klong »

Next time you're in Chiang Mai try the breakfast at The Mad Dog which is on Moon Muang three doors before Soi 2. It is huge, good and VERY filling. 120 Baht the last time I was there.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Captain Kirk wrote:Ok, time for my tuppence worth.
Two months into my visit in Pattaya and I've tried quite a few of the suggested breakfast places mentioned as well as others which have not been. Truth is I believe, for a full English breakfast you can get a decent one in a lot of places so its hard to choose a top one.

However of those mentioned I would choose PapaDavids as my personal favourite although I think I'll award my gold star overall to
Sea Fresh on Tappraya Rd. Toast x2, bacon x2, eggs x2, sausage x2, baked beans and grilled tomato 99B.

I enjoyed an English breakfast at Sea Fresh Restaurant...and found it tasty and great value at 99 Thai baht.

The coffee is brewed, not from European coffee machines...but served in a HUGE mug.
Refills are 25 baht..but one big mug is all I need.

Opens at 9:00am daily. On the East side of the street leading from So Pattaya to Jomtien beach...
It is located opposit the Seven Oaks Hotel and the BIG boat retail shop on Thrappraya Rd.
Close to a 7-11.

tj
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

travelerjim wrote: sausage x2
Out of curiosity, did their sausage actually taste like sausage?
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

GB,

Yes...it tasted like sausage...
not a grilled hot dog.

tj
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

If a grilled hot dog actually tasted like a hot dog I would be happy.
same same

Post by same same »

travelerjim wrote:sausage...
Talking of sausages..............Have you guys tried the ones at Two Guys Guest House? Well tasty!!

Cheers