Jomtien - New York Deli

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Jomtien - New York Deli

Post by 2lz2p »

Not to resurrect the old comments about what is and what isn't a New York Deli, I did try sandwich shop of that name in Jomtien. A large selection of sandwiches available at very modest prices. I had a coupon from the Pattaya City Expats Club drawing offering a discount - 100B off check bin of 300B to 500, 200B off if 510 to 900, and 300B off if over 910. The bf ordered a cheeseburger and I ordered one of their combo sandwiches on a hoagie type bun. We each had to order a fruit shake to get the price above 300B so we could get the 100B off. This was a couple weeks ago and my memory is slipping, but think they came with french fries. The bf liked his cheeseburger - in my case, I chose mustard for the dressing and they used a lot, which tended to overpower the other flavors -- but it was plentiful and I will try again with mayo instead of mustard.

It is a small place and does not have a sign at street level showing the name. If you are at the Dongtan Police station, go in the direction of Jomtien complex - as soon as you pass the 7-11 you are there -- the sign out front says "Kabobs" but also has a Sandwich menu -- when we went inside, we were provided the sandwich menu - so not sure where the Kabobs come from (didn't ask).

As mentioned, a large selection of sandwiches at very modest prices.
lvdkeyes

Re: Jomtien - New York Deli

Post by lvdkeyes »

I tried their pastrami sandwich. All I can say is it was the absolute worst sandwich (pastrami or otherwise) that I have ever had anywhere. I will not be going back.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:it was the absolute worst sandwich (pastrami or otherwise) that I have ever had anywhere.
I haven't been there yet and based on what you're saying I think I'll give it a skip. What was the matter with the sandwich you had?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The taste wasn't to my liking and if there was 100 gm of meat that would be a lot. Pastrami at Deli zza is much better in flavor and in quantity. Yes, I know they are more expensive, but the pastrami is good.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

It's a chain, there's a few in Bangkok. One on Chitlom and another on Silom. The city of New York should sue for misuse of their name given the very poor quality of the food.

I ate there once a long time ago and had a Pastrami sandwich and they put some mystery meat between something similar to bread and then must have put the whole thing in the microwave for 10 min. It was a steaming lump of goo. I tried to salvage the meat from the gummy bread--one bite and I threw the whole thing away.
After that, I never gave them a second chance.