Korea

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
artic55

Korea

Post by artic55 »

Notes from Korea.

This year I will be working mainly in Asia. I have signed up for contracts in Korea, Hong Kong and China. Rotating between assignments about every 4-6 weeks, and couple of weeks in between in Europe or in the Land Of Smiles, or at least that's the plan. I will report here my experience of the gay life in the places I visits. All positive and constructive remarks and advise are most welcome.

I arrived in Seoul S-Korea on Jan 14. after a very pleasant Etihad flight from London via Abu Dhabi to Incheon airport Seoul. The stop over in Abu Dhabi was only couple of hours, the in-flight service was great, (Business Class when traveling international). I checked the Etihad flight schedule and found it to be very convenient for onward travels to various destinations in Asia using Abu Dhabi to transfer between flights, good restaurants and shops in the terminal. Check out Etihad next time you plan to travel to Asia from Europe they have some great deals if you book early,
website: http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/Etih ... /home.aspx

In Seoul I checked into a down town hotel, to meet up with the client, the location is not very good if you are looking for gay action. I checked the Internet and found out the the main Gay area is in Iteawon, so few days later I moved hotels and checked into the Hamilton Hotel, right in the heart of "Homo Hill" as the gay area is known in Seoul.

The Hamilton Hotel is OK, but nothing more, and the room rate reflects that fact, but the location is perfect, within a radius of 500 meters you have the best gay bars, saunas and night clubs Seoul has to offer. First I decided to check out the sauna located in the basement of the hotel. It does not have a name, just referred to as the Hamilton sauna in gay Internet listings. The entrance is next to the hotel lobby entrance, down one stair, to the reception area, mind you remove your shoes before entering the reception area!! New for me, as this is my first visit to Korea. Entrance fee is 7000 won, but if you stay at the hotel you get discount and pay 5000 won. Staff is friendly and the place overall is clean and well maintained. I recommend it if you are looking for gay fun you will find it here: http://www.roomstays.com/hotel/774945

The sauna was quite busy men of all ages, and to my surprise number of young boys from 5y old to early teens were there with their fathers. Mind you, this was a Sunday afternoon, so after seeing this I didn't expect much to happen as this seemed more like a "normal" bath house than gay sauna!!! It was kinda strange and uncomfortable to undress in the crowded locker area, as it is not really separated form the baths and sauna area like we are used to in the west. Just a couple a feet away sat both men and boys naked watching TV, or relaxing on benches, and the towels provided are so small that there is no way to wrap them around you, even if you are young and slim, something I'm not. Well I undressed tried to cover up as best as I could, I made my way through the crowd to the shower and bath area, bumping into a few guys on the way. No one seem to notice or pay any attention to the fact that I was naked and the only westerner there. There were some gorgeous young men there in their 20's, I had a good opportunity to check them out from a distance, sitting in the steam room or the dry sauna, as both have glass doors. I wasn't sure but I sensed some eye balling towards me as few of the young men joined me in the sauna, but nothing happened. After about 2 hours there I left, not sure about the place.

Couple of days later I decided to give the hotel sauna a second try. This time I went just after 8pm, the place was not as busy, and no kids, only boys in their 20's and some older men, most good looking slim and in good shape. As I now knew the drill, I undressed quickly and made my way to the wet sauna area, after couple of minutes there I was joined by a guy, my guess was that he was around 30y old, and although we were the only ones in the sauna at that time, he sat down right next to me, and adjusted him self so that I could see "everything" he started to "adjust" his dick a little more than you usually do when in a place like this, you know what I mean, so I took it as a sign and we started talking, and I found out he was a teacher, 37y old, singe and GAY. He told me that the place gets busy or shall we say active only after 8pm, but you have to be discreet as this is not a gay sauna. He also told me about a lounge area where you can go and rest and that is where the action is, something I had completely missed during my first visit. Unfortunately I had booked a massage, and now it was time. After the massage I checked out the lounge or resting area, it's strange, you have to bend down to get in as the ceiling is so low, mattresses spread out on the floor where you can lay down and relax. Few guys were there but no action noticed. Back to the steam room, and there I meet another guy, wow, he was handsome and I estimated around 20y old, he kept walking back and forth in front of me, sometimes stopping very close as to let me see what he had to offer, eventually I got the message, and we started talking. It turned out he was 27, but honestly I must say one of the most handsome young men I have ever met. It only took few minutes before we decide to go to the lounge area where we had some great time. He was my first Korean, and I hope not the last one. Lessons learned so far, the action starts after 8pm, be discreet, and lots of hot horny guys looking for sex. ;)
Gaybutton

Re: Korea

Post by Gaybutton »

Very interesting report. Thank you very much for posting it.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

Yes, thank you very much. It's really nice to see a travel report from a different country.
loke

Post by loke »

Do they have saunas like this in Pattaya ?

Mixed saunas with gay action ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

loke wrote:Do they have saunas like this in Pattaya ?

Mixed saunas with gay action ?
In Pattaya the gay saunas are the Sansuk sauna ( http://www.sansukpattaya.com ) and the Ganymede sauna ( http://theganymede.com/resort ). As far as I know, adults only.
artic55

Post by artic55 »

Beijing China

I arrived in Beijing about a week ago, and moved my Gay Romeo profile to see how active the gay scene is over here. To my pleasant surprise I have had quite a few offers from guys ranging form 18 years old and up, but mostly in the mid 20's range. Couple of "Money Boys" have offered their services, asking 300RMB for short time both were nice looking and spoke good English, as did most of the guys that contacted me, and far better than the English we are used to in Thailand.

Well last night I finally "hooked-up" with a boy 23 years old, that I met on GayRomeo, he sent me some pictures of himself and I found him quite attractive so we decided to meet at a nearby Starbucks. This boy is studying at a local university, what I noticed first were his good manners, and how good looking he was, it turned out that he came from a city in the south west. After some chat we went to my hotel, no problem taking a guest to my room, and I had one of the best time I have ever had with a boy this age, and guess what this was my first Chinese. I have plans to meet other boys later this week, but I am seriously thinking about bailing out as I really like this boy and we have decided to meet again this afternoon. This time at his apartment that he shares with a fellow student from the university (girl).

Talking to him tells me that being gay is quite hard in China and something you don't want all to know about, being discreet is a must. His greatest concern is related to the "Single child" policy of the government, if your only child grows up to be gay means the end of the family blood line in other words letting down his family, so he is understandably not "Out" to his parents yet. He also told me that many gays want to date westerners as it is some kind of status symbol to know and be with someone from the west.

My advise for gays traveling to Beijing is to log on to GayRomeo, be discreet, and see what happens.

artic55