Hopf Brew House

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Re: Hopf Brew House

Post by lvdkeyes »

2lz2p wrote:I saw some reports a few years ago where gay couples were being denied entrance as not being the type of clientele they wanted. So, never went back - maybe it is time to try it again.
My reason for discounting these reports is that I have never experienced or knew anyone personally who was discriminated against for being gay and barred from entering an establishment in Thailand. These reports, if they occurred were apparently, to me, meant as a disparagement toward the Hopf. I would place no credence to them.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

You have led a sheltered life. I know many people who have experienced it and I have also but only once.

Certainly it happens a lot less in Thailand than some places, but if you think it doesn't happen you are living in a dream world.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Believe me, my life has been anything but sheltered. You don't know anything about my life, so you should not make assumptions. If you read my post again you will see that I said "in Thailand". Now if you want to discuss discrimination, start another thread.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

And my reply is about Thailand and a direct reply to your assertion that it does not exist in Thailand!!!!

Don't be so bold as to tell me I have never experienced it in Thailand or that others have not because many have, You can only assert that you have never experienced it . Period
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Sorry gentlemen, but the last thing I expected to find on a topic about reviewing a restaurant was an argument going on and heating up and getting personal. The argument just ended.

If anyone has anything to say about the restaurant, feel free. Those who wish to argue with each other - send each other PMs. My delete finger is all primed and ready if there is any more of it.
Canadien

Post by Canadien »

I'm anxious to try the place next time I go to Pattaya.
shamahan

Post by shamahan »

Following lvdkeyes advice,I went yesterday to Hopf Brew house and I found the food quite satisfactory (I had lamb chop with sauteed potatoes and Heineken beer).
I would appreciate if lvdkeyes could post a list of 5 best (in his view) restaurants in Pattaya.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Not having tried all the restaurants in Pattaya my choices would certainly be up for debate. I will state restaurants I enjoy in no particular order. Hopf -- Lebanese Palace -- La Toscana -- Cafe des Amis -- Pan Pan. There are more I like, but they don't come to mind at the moment. Some I don't frequent often because of cost factors.