Le Marina

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
catawampuscat

Le Marina

Post by catawampuscat »

Le Marina in Sunee Plaza, Pattaya has reopened under new management. They have an excellent buffet on Sundays &
Mondays for 390b. and their regular menu is also good.
I had the pork tenderloin in a mustard sauce with spinach soufflé and fries. No set menu but enormous portion
of meat and two sides will satisfy most. My friend had the chicken dish and enjoyed it as well.
We were only diners that night, so word of how good Le Marina is now has not gone out.
It's open air now and no more problems with former owner smoking inside a/c restaurant.
I forgot to mention that the homemade desserts are incredible and a delightful way to end a fine dining experience .
crabby

Re: Le Marina

Post by crabby »

Across from Don Plaza?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

crabby wrote:Across from Don Plaza?
No. That's La Bouchon. Le Marina is just as you enter Sunee Plaza from the back parking lot.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

My experience was excellent at Le Marina.
However, I have since discussed with friends and their experience far less satisfactory .
One friend had the same dish I thought was great and found the meat tough. I found it perfect.
Another went with a party of three farangs and none of them would return in a hurry.
I stand by my comments on the buffet but after hearing from others needed to mention their opinions to give a
rounded review.
Maple

Re: Le Marina Restaurant in Sunee Plaza

Post by Maple »

Le Marina Restaurant is now a Gay-owned business. Claudio, a Frenchman, is the new owner. He is a friendly, refreshing change from the previous straight, cigarette smoking owner who went out of business after he told customers to "get out" when they complained about his smoking.

I agree with Catawampuscat about the excellent choices at the Sunday and Monday buffet. On other days, customers can order dishes which cost about 250 Baht directly from the menu such as Basque chicken, spicy meatballs, and pork tenderloin. I have had all of these and recommend them. For bookings, call Claudio at 087-086-6396. Closed Tuesdays.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

After hearing much about Le Marina Sunday buffet I gave it a try tonight it was disappointing. I couldn't help but comparing the offerings for the same price to Cherry restaurant, no comparison. The food was rather unspectacular unless you like potatoes done 3 different ways. For those that are limited for personal transport Sunee restaurants offer convenience, I understand, thankfully I'm not limited neither are the 2 friends I went with, this will definitely be my first and last visit. At some point it became warm inside they either don't have or don't use their a/c.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Everyone has different tastes but I ate at Le Marina three times recently and found it excellent. I've only ate at Cherry's once and did not care for it. I do agree that's it's too warm inside Le Marina.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Owner closed the glass door and put on the air-conditioning as the restaurant filled up and started getting warm.
We simply asked.