Cutlery Shop

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Tripod Mike

Cutlery Shop

Post by Tripod Mike »

Knowing there are many culinary hobbyist out and around Pattaya area, I thought this was an ideal place to ask the following:
I'm looking for a serrated bread knife to cut the french and restaurant bread. My hacksaw doesn't get it. Yes, there's one store next to Foodland which has household kitchen supplies, but paying 420 baht for a common hand potato masher is absurd.
lvdkeyes

Re: Cutlery Shop

Post by lvdkeyes »

I bought a cheap serrated bread knife many years ago at Foodmart. It still slices my bread like a charm. Not sure what 420 baht for a potato masher has to do with a bread knife.
Tripod Mike

Post by Tripod Mike »

I was insinuating the store items are exceedingly high-end expensive which keeps me from entering for any further purchases. Tomorrow I'll look inside FoodMart. Thank you for the suggestion.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If you don't find what you're looking for at Food Mart (not to be confused with Family Mart), try any of the large hardware stores. They all sell knife sets. Some sell knives individually too. You can also try Index Furniture. They have a large kitchenware selection.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

On Second Rd on right side, going with traffic, not too far beyond Boyztown, there is a shop specializing in all things culinary. Cutlery, pots, pans, dishes, glasses and on and on and on. Some items are pricey and others are reasonable. They will have your item.
You could also check the second floor of Friendship Market on Pattaya Tai Rd.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The shop you are talking about on Second Road is owned by the same people as the one next to Foodland.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Aha! That explains why that potato masher was so expensive.
Tripod Mike

Post by Tripod Mike »

Thank you everyone and especially you Ivdkeyes for your helpful comments. I went straight to Foodmart and found the perfect breadknife for 150 baht. What a joy to use - I now have so many slices of bread I don't know what to do with. Ha! Case closed.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Glad to help.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Just in case, for those other bread cutters, Friendship Market upstairs has a nice bread knife at about 160 TB plus another one at about 1000 TB which would be excellent for decapitations.