Restaurant Suggestions

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
RichLB

Restaurant Suggestions

Post by RichLB »

Eating out almost every night, I confess that the list of restaurants I regularly visit here in Pattaya is getting a bit uninspiring. I'm in hopes that others who are frequent restaurant diners will volunteer the places they go to with some regularity. I'll start off with my favorites in no particular order.

Rich Man-Poor Man - Always good and specializes in food like Mama used to make.
Au Bon Coin - Excellent, but a bit pricey. They serve the best beef I've had in Pattaya.
Pastrami on Rye - In my opinion, the best pizza in town and their sandwiches are pretty tasty, too.
Cafe Le Mar - South of Chaiyapruek and a nice selection of Western and Thai food.
Tapas - I like the Monday buffet because of the varieties of finger food on offer.
Pig and Whistle - Inexpensive English fare.
Cherry's - Hard for me to get to since it's on Third Road, but the Monday "Lobster" special and Wednesday buffet are nice.
Chrysanthemum - Located in Royal Cliff Hotel and a little pricey but great Chinese food.
Enjoy Andre - The food is ok and I like the ambiance of the dining area.
Mike's - The place to go if you're in Jomtien for Mexican food.
Trattoria - Next to Food Mart across from Pan Pan and great Italian food at reasonable prices.
Mimosa - On Chaiyapruek close to Sukhumvit and really great Italian food. Check out the shrimp wrapped in bacon salad.
Kaffa - A little expensive for Thai food, but tasty.
Ritz - In Jomtien Complex and meals always come with a bowl of vegetables.
Magg's - Popular and great food.
Natan's - Across from Jomtien Complex with semi-French food. I like the Satin Boca - often not on the menu

Those are my usual dining haunts, but like I said, I'd sure like to add to the list. How about some of you guys helping me out by offering up some of your favorites.
lvdkeyes

Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Post by lvdkeyes »

Also try:
Curry and Chips on Pratumnak
O'Gara's further on Pratumnak
Da Marco's on the dark side is excellent Swiss Italian. Booking is essential and closed on Monday.
Chok Dee on Sukhumvit next to Caltex just south of Makro
Per Bacco opposite Mike's shopping Mall
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Still amazed that despite many good reviews here and excellent trip advisor review that more members have not tried Casa Fellini on Soi 3.

I believe they now have a location in Jomtien and look forward to trying it.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We did eat at Casa Fellini on Soi 3 and it was excellent. The one here in Jomtien has been hit and miss, so we have decided to give it a miss. The Soi 3 location is not convenient if you are driving.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

Gian's — One of the very best Italian restaurants in Pattaya (106 excellent review on Trip Advisor). Somewhat pricey. Parking.
La Bocca — Another fine Italian choice (285 excellent reviews). Also a bit pricey. Parking
Pan Pan Jomtien — Good food, reasonable prices. Parking.
Kotta — Reasonable dining in Jomtien. Nice variety.
Cafe des Amis — Fine dining. Somewhat expensive. Parking.
Mata Hari — Fine dining. Many dishes under 500 baht, including a great salad (115 excellent reviews). Parking
Poseidon — Very interesting menu, lovely setting, reasonable prices. Their Sunday special, half roast chicken for 375 baht, is very good indeed.
Yupins — Quite good, varied menu, nice setting, reasonable prices.
Swiss Food — In Soi Diamond has an excellent salad bar, very nice Swiss food in a lovely setting with reasonable prices.
News Steaks & Grill — Varied menu with some really good choices. Good service (58 excellent reviews). Parking.
Havana Bar at the Holiday Inn — Very good burgers. Parking.
Trattoria Toscana Beach Road, Central Pattaya — Quite good Italian food. Large menu, nice setting, free parking next door at Flamingo Hotel (77 excellent reviews).
Beefeater in Central Pattaya — Quite good burgers (243 excellent reviews). Reservations a must!
Alibaba Indian in North Pattaya — Really good Indian food. Great atmosphere (84 excellent reviews).

This should keep you busy for a while.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

L'Arc, Jomtiem Complex next to the Venue. L'Arc has a new French owner. The food is superb country French and not expensive. Excellent house wine 550 a carafe.

The new owner has expanded the menu. I liked the original L'Arc but like it even more now.