Where to cruise in Bangkok - and other places too

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Where to cruise in Bangkok - and other places too

Post by Gaybutton »

When I'm in Bangkok I don't go to the bars. I find plenty of boys on sites such as Planet Romeo.

If I want to cruise, I go to Saranrom Park. If you don't know about Saranrom Park, just do a topic search for Saranrom and several topics will come up.

As far as I know, Saranrom Park is the best place in Bangkok to cruise, usually at it's best from about 10:00pm until whenever. Sometimes the number of boys hoping for customers at Saranrom Park greatly outnumber the boys in all of the bars combined.

I'm wondering whether there are other good cruising areas in Bangkok besides just Saranrom Park or some of the saunas. I'm not in Bangkok often enough to know. From what I understand, Lumphini Park really doesn't cut it anymore.

Do any of you know good cruising locations in the Bangkok area, and the best time of day to do the cruising?

Come to think of it, if any of you know good cruising areas anywhere in Thailand, please post and tell us about them.
pong

Re: Where to cruise in Bangkok - and other places too

Post by pong »

Around Saranrom/Wat Pho-note that these are all money-boys and expect payment, though the ages-old 500 THB+taxi+hotel is usually enough.
No, I am after visiting and staying longtime in BKK-big city not really aware of any other palces with the same offer. Perhaps, maybe, sometimes, around Happyland/Bangkapi. In the distant past-maybe before 2000, streets around RamIV and Silom were also well-known, but it seems trade has died out there. The well-known site dedicated to listings of that kind has long descriptions of some toilets in some of the well-known hypermarkets, most of course, due to its silly name, the BigC-chain. (Will they remain named as such after the takeover?).
Some time ago I found a mainly JPNese site listing many, with google-streetview pictures, but I do not have the name at hand here-it also listed nearly all, incl. many of those already closed, M2M massageshops.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

All that is fine, Pong, but I was hoping for people to post where there is good cruising now.

Personally, the last place on earth I would want to cruise is in a toilet. When I'm in a toilet, there are only 2 reasons why I would be in there - and cruising is definitely not one of them.
ilz

Post by ilz »

pong wrote:Some time ago I found a mainly JPNese site listing many, with google-streetview pictures, but I do not have the name at hand here-it also listed nearly all, incl. many of those already closed, M2M massageshops.
I think the website you are referring to is this one : http://thailand.world-gay-guide.com/en/pc/index.php
As for Saranrom, it seems to be much less busy than two or three years ago, but I did not go there since many months.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Overall, I was not impressed by Saranrom & much preferred to cruise in the Silom Complex near Sala Daeng.
That seems to have dried up in recent years, presumably due to people cruising their phones.

There still seems to be some activity in The Thania Plaza toilets, but that's not the reason why I go there and I have no intention of seeing what might happen. [Normally it's a quick pit stop prior to getting a hair cut].
Dale1

Post by Dale1 »

Whatever happened to the old <Cruising-for-sex> web site .... have seen no reference to it for years .... the forum used to be spot-on for recommended sites for cruising .... cannot recall the URL so cannot look for it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:Overall, I was not impressed by Saranrom
Was that because when you were there, not many boys were there? I've been there when it's sparse and I've been there when the boys were lined up from the Grand Palace all the way to the park. It's like Pattaya's traffic - you can never be certain what to expect.

As far as I know, for that kind of cruising Saranrom Park is Bangkok's best. But if there are other areas that offer the same style of cruising, just walking around in an area where boys hoping for customers can be expected to be there, I'd like to know where.

It's too bad Lumphini Park seems to have fizzled out as a good cruising area. It's a lot closer to where most of us would be likely to stay when in Bangkok. If you pick up a boy at Saranrom Park, you're probably going to want a nearby short time room.

In other words, I'd like to know where the best alternatives to the bars and the hook-up sites are - and not just Bangkok, but anywhere in Thailand.
Maxxyz

Post by Maxxyz »

Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:
Jun wrote:Overall, I was not impressed by Saranrom
Was that because when you were there, not many boys were there? I've been there when it's sparse and I've been there when the boys were lined up from the Grand Palace all the way to the park. It's like Pattaya's traffic - you can never be certain what to expect.
Yes, not many boys.
My stays in Bangkok tend to to be quite short, so I'm not prepared to trek over to Sanrom several times before hitting the jackpot. Particularly considering I need to travel over from Silom.

A small selection was much more acceptable in somewhere like the Silom Centre, with it's more convenient location. If nothing was happening, the bars were a few minutes away. But that seems to be dead now.
Dale1

Post by Dale1 »

Thanks Maxxyz