Recipes

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Recipes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I have posted several recipes that various people have requested, which I am happy to do. I would like to know if any have tried any of the recipes I have posted and how they turned out for you.
Gaybutton

Re: Recipes

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:I would like to know if any have tried any of the recipes I have posted and how they turned out for you.
I have. The ones I tried turned out really good.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Gaybutton wrote:
lvdkeyes wrote:I would like to know if any have tried any of the recipes I have posted and how they turned out for you.
I have. The ones I tried turned out really good.
Well don't keep us in suspense, tell us which ones you tried, so we can try them. I want the Gaybutton kitchen-tested gold star.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:tell us which ones you tried
Fish & Chips
Southern fried chicken
Barbecue Sauce
Popovers
Meatloaf
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Any more specific comments? What fish did you use? Were the results what you expected? Did you make any changes to recipes? Would you make any changes in the future?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I don't know what kind of fish I used. I bought some fillets at Makro and that's what I used. Everything came out just fine and I really liked it, so I don't have any reason to make changes now or in the future. That's why if I want to make something I always ask you. Your recipes are much better than anything else I've tried and not too complicated or difficult to do.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Thank you for that.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Here is a recipe Americans are sure to like:

Super Sloppy Joes
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 1/4 pounds ground beef sirloin
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Seasoning
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 2 cups tomato sauce
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted, and lightly buttered
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and meat to the pan. Spread the meat around the pan and begin to break it up. Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning. Add sugar and spice mixture to the skillet and combine. When the meat has browned, add onion and red peppers to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, peppers, red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and paste to pan. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture 5 minutes longer. Pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Another great recipe from the kitchen of lvdkeyes. I'm hope GB will let us know how it rates. If these recipes were on my diet, I'd be gobbling them down myself. Maybe in about 20 lbs or so.

GB, how much weight have you gained since this thread started? :D
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:GB, how much weight have you gained since this thread started? :D
I don't know. Every time I get on a scale a card pops out that says, "Hey! One at a time!"