Hotdogs

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Hotdogs

Post by Gaybutton »

In the "Hong Kong Celebrity Chef relocated to Pattaya" topic, Up2u mentioned the following in his post. I think it is appropriate to respond to this part of his post in a separate topic:
Up2u wrote:Chris from Beertopia was there and he sadly announced there would be no more hotdogs as his Bangkok supplier has died.
I'm sorry to hear that, but in Pattaya you can still get very good hotdogs. Rich Man-Poor Man is selling all-beef hotdogs. Both RichLB and I tried them and we both really like them.

I actually like them better than the ones sold at Beertopia. Even if Beertopia was still selling them, I'd be buying mine from now on at Rich Man-Poor Man anyway.

The good news is, unlike Beertopia, instead of having to buy 10 at a time, you can buy 5 at a time - and they're less expensive than Beertopia. A pack of 5 frozen hotdogs is 160 baht. Beertopia's price for 10 was 400 baht. Do the math.

If you wish, you can also buy the hotdog buns at Rich Man-Poor Man.
Up2u

Re: Hotdogs

Post by Up2u »

Didn't RMPM get his hotdogs from Beertopia? Hopefully I am mistaken.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:Hopefully I am mistaken.
Your hope is fulfilled. He gets them from his own source, different from Beertopia's source. I asked Eddie, the owner, about that.

I think you're confusing it with the now defunct Pastrami on Rye. They got their hotdogs from Beertopia.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Was there a few weeks ago for what I think are the best smoked ribs in Pattaya, I noticed a small sign on the wall for a pack of all beef franks and I bought one hoping it would be like a Nathan's Famous beef frank sadly it was not.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Getting all beef, kosher style hotdogs is a real challenge here. I was in Taipei during Songkran and learned there are many Costco's there. A quick trip revealed no Kirkland, Nathan's, beef hotdogs but only pork even at their food court which of course was a bummer.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:hoping it would be like a Nathan's Famous beef frank sadly it was not.
I don't share your sadness. I never liked Nathan's in the first place. Personally, I'm happy it is possible in Thailand to get hotdogs that look, taste, and have a texture very close to what you can get in the USA.

What I wish, however, is skinless hotdogs were never invented. I miss that texture. The English breakfast sausages usually still have the skin, so I like those once in a while.