Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

firecat69

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by firecat69 »

I can't help wonder if any of the people you are talking with, plan for SS and Medicare. If they are, they will be out of luck. The new deficit under his recent tax cut will make them both unsustainable in less then 10 years, maybe 5.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Fox Creators Revolt as Fox News Condones Trump’s Immigration Policy
Vanity Fair report. Might this be the start of a larger revolt within the Murdoch Empire? Certainly the avid support expressed by Fox News' resident harpies, Laura Ingraham and Ann Coulter, were utterly disgusting and morally vile.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ve-levitan

I won't in future use DUMP as the nickname for Trump. In my book he's crossed the line and should now be called DAFT - Donald Adolf Fuhrer Tyrant.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:I won't in future use DUMP as the nickname for Trump. In my book he's crossed the line
I won't use a nickname at all. I'm going to continue calling him Trump. I can't think of a worse insult than that. And when a future tyrant comes along, they'll probably use Trump as his nickname.

In my opinion, he crossed the line a long time ago, and then crossed several more after that. And I wouldn't get my hopes up that he's finished doing that - or even close to it. He'll cross many more lines before he's through. I can only hope impeachment will stop him - if Congress ever has guts enough to do it.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I just refer to him as T Rump.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:I can only hope impeachment will stop him - if Congress ever has guts enough to do it.
Unfortunately, impeachment will only send an indictment to the Senate and with the Republican control of the senate likely to continue past the midterms, there is no chance he would be convicted. I fear our only hope is to use the power of the people to make his base as uncomfortable as possible with their complicity.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:there is no chance he would be convicted.
I'd like to at least see the opportunity to find out if you are right. I have a feeling you hope you are wrong. Even if he is not convicted, nothing in the Constitution prevents him from getting impeached again, under a different crime.

Of course, in the unlikely event that Trump does get impeached and convicted, guess who we'd get stuck with next - and Pence could easily turn out to be even worse than Trump.

Impeachment and conviction of Trump could be the greatest example ever of "Be careful what you wish for."

I hope this doesn't happen, but I can't help but have a terrible feeling that one, maybe more, of these children will die while separated from the parents. If that happens, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the protests erupt into riots.
puan

Post by puan »

Gaybutton wrote:Of course, in the unlikely event that Trump does get impeached and convicted, guess who we'd get stuck with next - and Pence could easily turn out to be even worse than Trump.

Impeachment and conviction of Trump could be the greatest example ever of "Be careful what you wish for."
GB is right on. Pence and his political abilities scares me to death. Remember the old adage "Better the devil you know."
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

However, according to CNN, Trump's executive order does not reunite families already separated.

See: https://us.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/ ... index.html
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

The press has got the bit between their teeth for this one and are unlikely to move on to the next shiny object . ( I Hope) Next thing will be who owns the companies building these tent cities and how much money are they stuffing in Trump's pocket?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

According to CNN, the executive order lasts only for 21 days. Not yet sure if that means it ceases generally to have any effect thereafter, or it only lasts 21 days in each individual case.