Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

fountainhall

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by fountainhall »

So Melania Trump visits a Texan children's refugee centre. Good photo ops and no doubt intended to tone down criticism of Trump's disgraceful policy.

When she arrives - and cameras have to be focussed on her front - she wears a plain cream jacket On her departure with her back view exposed to cameras, she is seen by everyone wearing a greenish coat with these words on the back -
I REALLY DON'T CARE
DO YOU?
This has been spun as having no message, as a purely accidental choice of wardrobe, and by Trump as referring to Fake News. What on earth was she trying to say? Is there a subtle message there to her husband?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Many say it is unfair to compare the separated families issue with Nazi tactics, but I certainly see parallels. Right now children have been placed in over 100 different facilities scattered throughout the USA and so far nobody is telling parents where their children are. In many cases the involved authorities simply don't know.

Just how and when these families will be reunited is still in question. And the questions have very few answers.

In other words, THIS STINKS!

RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

CNN's Victor Blackwell catches Tea Party Amy Kremer spouting bullshit about immigration policy - and he proves it.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trump's presidency has consequences even for people working for him. By now most of you are probably aware of the incident a few days ago when Sarah Sanders, Trump's Press Secretary, was in a small restaurant with her family and friends and she was asked to leave because of her association with Trump.

I don't like Sarah Sanders worth a damn. I think she's a liar and a would-be propagandist and spin artist, who usually fails miserably at both and has little or no credibility.

While the restaurant had the right to ask her to leave, in my opinion the restaurant was wrong to exercise that right. I don't think public officials should have to go through things like that when they're off duty and simply trying to have a meal, despite despising their political stance.

I agree with the commentator being interviewed in the following video, but only with his stance on Sanders being asked to leave the restaurant. I disagree with everything else he talked about.

What do YOU think? Do you think the restaurant was right or wrong to ask her to leave?

windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The restaurant was wrong to ask her to leave.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Gaybutton wrote:While the restaurant had the right to ask her to leave, in my opinion the restaurant was wrong to exercise that right.
I had not heard about this until this morning.

I have nothing good to say about Ms. Sanders and her constant lying and evasion. But I wonder on what grounds the restaurant had a "right" to ask her to leave. I assume she herself was behaving properly, had either ordered or was about to order or was eating her meal with those she had brought with her. If she was acting within the law, on what possible grounds could she be asked to leave? As I understand it, there was no mob protesting her presence as there had been days earlier when the Homeland Security Secretary was dining somewhere. That created a scene in the restaurant which could have been upsetting to other diners, so either calling law enforcement or her leaving was appropriate.

In this case, though, it was allegedly the staff who said they were morally uncomfortable at Ms. Sanders presence. Excuse me! Morally uncomfortable? The owner said people need to live their convictions. Does that mean only Democrats can eat at that restaurant? I believe the owner was totally in the wrong.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

To those that say the restaurant was wrong, a CNN opinion piece counters ".... But let's make it clear, this is not about asking someone to leave or heckling them simply because they are Republicans or conservatives. That would be wrong. This is about targeting people who are very publicly involved in formulating and defending Trump's immoral policies."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/24/opinions ... index.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

CNN wrote:This is about targeting people who are very publicly involved in formulating and defending Trump's immoral policies.
And that is supposed to make it ok to tell her to leave the restaurant? in my opinion, WRONG!

By that logic it would be ok to throw out anyone who openly supports Trump and would also have made it ok to throw out anyone who supported Hillary Clinton or Obama or anyone else whose political views oppose their own.

If Sarah Sanders was in the restaurant in some sort of on-the-job official capacity or was intentionally causing a problem, that would be one thing, but all she was trying to do was enjoy a meal with her family and friends. I think asking her to leave was completely inappropriate and uncalled for.

I dislike Sarah Sanders and all she stands for, but dinner in a restaurant is not the right time or place to express opposition. If I had been in that restaurant and saw what was taking place, I would have walked right out with her - and wouldn't even have left a tip.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

There are signs in most places of businesses in the US that say "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." I fully support the restaurant for refusing to serve this wretched lying bitch.