Nicks Pizza Jomtien Complex

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Farangholiday

Nicks Pizza Jomtien Complex

Post by Farangholiday »

I had dinner at Nick’s Pizza shop in the Jomtien Complex tonight.

Its just opp the QM bar in the first Soi.

Nick was there , he is from Australia of Italian heritage.

He recommended the “ Pattaya” pizza which consisted of basically everything but was a hot style pizza with chillis.

I did tell Nick of my disappointment in eating a pizza from the New York pizza shop which is on third Rd and not being able to taste their cheese.

Nick assured me he uses real cheese.

The decor inside is quite comfortable with a airconditioned section and outside section and with its red and green tablecloths and boxing kangaroo signs was a cross between Sicily and Australia.

The Pattaya pizza was 300b and was probably the most tastiest pizza I have had in a long time , thin crust with real tasty cheese with pepper and hot salami.

The pizza was good fresh by Nick’s staff of 2 Thai ladies where he supervises them preparing it,Nick offered me to watch them cooking it in which I observed them wearing gloves and showercaps,their cooking utensils were also very clean.

On ordering and by the time I received it was approx 12 minutes and thats cooked fresh.

His menu is quite good with specialities of spaghetti’s ,Lasagnes etc.

Jomtien Complex,open everyday except Monday nights ,deliveries to local area only
lvdkeyes

Re: Nicks Pizza Jomtien Complex

Post by lvdkeyes »

This sounds like a place to try. One thing I have a question about. You said the cook wore gloves. How often are the gloves changes? Wearing gloves seems like a good idea, but they may give a false sense of security regarding cleanliness. I much prefer a cook who doesn't wear gloves and washes his/her hands often.
Farangholiday

Post by Farangholiday »

Lvdkeyes I completely understand what your talking about.

One thing I hate is going into say a sandwich shop and the person making your sandwich is using gloves BUT handling money too with those same gloves !

No it doesnt happen at Nick’s pizza,the cook was wearing one glove to put on the condiments and didnt use that glove for anything else.

Also I made a point of looking under the tables and checking on the floor, and I must say it was very clean with polished tiles.

Best pizza in pattaya
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Farangholiday wrote: Best pizza in pattaya
Unless you are from the New York City area it is likely you know little about good pizza......thus the best and the only real pizza you will find in Pattaya is Bronx Pizza on Soi Lengkee......People who eat Pizza Hut or like Domino's know not what a good pizza is :!:

http://www.bronxpizzapattaya.com/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I believe you will find that the name is Da Nicola Pizza, not Nicks. At least that is what their signs says.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

windwalker wrote:I believe you will find that the name is Da Nicola Pizza, not Nicks. At least that is what their signs says.
I've had a number of nice dinners at Da Nicola and will add another vote for their pizza. Perhaps the owner's name is Nick, but windwalker is correct about the name of the restaurant.
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

I have eaten here a number of times.

Da Nicola is the restaurant name. Nick is the friendly owner.

The pizzas are good, as is his cannelloni.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I dined at Da Nicola tonight. It has moved to Thappraya Road just outside the driveway into View Talay 2 condo block opposite the Jomtien complex. I also had the Pattaya pizza and as farangholiday says, very tasty.