Oscars in Hot Water Over Homophobic Host

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
fountainhall

Oscars in Hot Water Over Homophobic Host

Post by fountainhall »

The Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences is in hot water over its recent selection as host for the Academy Awards ceremony early next year. Actor, comedian and producer Kevin Hart has made "hundreds" of anti-gay tweets, although these are now gradually being deleted. Not before the media got hold of many. His anti-gay rants included -
"Yo if my son comes home & try's 2 play with my daughters doll house I'm going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice 'stop that's gay.'"
In another from 2010, Hart says someone's profile pic looks "like a gay bill board for AIDS." And in another written in 2009, he calls someone a "fat faced fag."

Faced with a barrage of criticism, Hart has claimed that his views have changed over time. Hart told Rolling Stone in 2015 that he wouldn't tell the joke again, "because when I said it, the times weren't as sensitive as they are now."

Hart addressed the controversy in a defiant statement posted to Instagram on Thursday. In the black-and-white video, Hart, lying in bed shirtless, says,
"I swear, man, our world is becoming beyond crazy. I'm not going to let the craziness frustrate me or anger me, especially when I worked hard to get to the mental space that I am at now."
Hart claims he has matured since making those tweets. Oh really? Maybe it's just that "the times" are now more sensitive and he keeps his true feelings hidden.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... my-1167191
Gaybutton

Re: Oscars in Hot Water Over Homophobic Host

Post by Gaybutton »

I've never even heard of him. Seems like I'm not missing much.

I hope they replace him with somebody else.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

You hit the nail . . . Hart says he has withdrawn from hosting because of all the furore. Withdrawn or pushed? We'll probably never know. But why he was selected in the first place . . . ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

He stepped down as the Oscars host. Good!

No replacement has been announced yet.

fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Now reported that he was pushed! He was told by the Academy he had to apologise for his earlier anti-gay remarks. He said he'd not do so as he'd done it several times before. So, no apology, no Oscar ceremony. Stupid guy!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:So, no apology, no Oscar ceremony.
As I said, I had never heard of him and I still don't know who he is - and because of this I don't care to know who he is or anything else about him.