Eros - Sunee Plaza - closing?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: Eros - Sunee Plaza - closing?

Post by Dodger »

As much as it pains me to say this I can see Sunee becoming a ghetto with a mix of Arab shops, a few cheap rooms to rent and possibly a place with a late night snooker table for the mini-mafia boys to hang out. That's about it.
Jun

Post by Jun »

SP55 wrote:
Jun wrote:The Eros premises are about 3x the size they need to be. I would hope one of the smaller Sunee units should be available.
Wouldn't the activities Eros has as a trademark be a bit awkward if clients are cramped into a smaller area...
Happy Boys used to have similar activities on small premises, although an even smaller indoors section was added for the full experience.

People's behaviour can be very domain dependent.

Many would feel uncomfortable wearing shorts & t-shirt at church*, but OK in most other places.
We may be comfortable wearing Speedos on the beach, but not in Central Shopping Centre.
Nudity might be OK in sauna, but not on the beach.
Some tame petting and a short kiss might be the limit of it in the "posh" gogo bars. Meanwhile in the smutty gogo bars people are comfortable engaging in oral sex, or at least getting passionate with a naked lad on your lap, as that is relatively common.

(* Example. I am a non-believer)
a447

Post by a447 »

gerefan, you have summed up the situation perfectly - location, location, location.

There have been rumours about madam Sunee selling out to developers for years, and yet nothing has changed.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Jun wrote:Happy Boys used to have similar activities on small premises, although an even smaller indoors section was added for the full experience.
a447 wrote:location, location, location
I always enjoyed a visit to Happy Boys. I once had a "massage" on the top floor but never ventured to the 1st floor. I just enjoyed the fun of the boys in the main bar. Drinks were cheap and I happy bought lots. I always wondered why that bar closed. Was it indeed a result of its location being 50 meters or so outside Sunee and a lack of customers? Did the owner just get tired and sell up? Anyone know?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:Anyone know?
The owner went broke and skipped out of Thailand - and hasn't been seen or heard from since.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:
fountainhall wrote:Anyone know?
The owner went broke and skipped out of Thailand - and hasn't been seen or heard from since.
How unusual :roll:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Running a gogo bar is probably a good way to go broke. Particularly one located out on it's own where any newbie needs a map to find it, as was the case with Happy Boys.

To a much lesser extent, even Eros should take care to make it obvious to newbies that their bar is there AND is open.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote:Running a gogo bar is probably a good way to go broke. Particularly one located out on it's own where any newbie needs a map to find it, as was the case with Happy Boys.

To a much lesser extent, even Eros should take care to make it obvious to newbies that their bar is there AND is open.
What else would you have them do, Eros and Winner have a web site are meters from each other and Winner thrives?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

My latest information is Eros is looking for a venue, or perhaps a double, where they can relocate on the Krazy Dragon - Good Boys soi.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote:What else would you have them do, Eros and Winner have a web site are meters from each other and Winner thrives?
When I was there during high season, Eros still managed to look dead from the outside. Not an issue for people who know it is there and open, but they might lose a few less familiar customers. Some illumination would be a good start.

Then the question is what type of bar to they want to be ? Winner has boys on stage with good lighting so you can see them all. Eros has poor lighting & boys are supposed to rotate around the little podiums, so you see them close up. In practice, every time I go there, the first one I eye up throws himself at me & the others go back to their phones.

I am not aware of any other surviving gogo bar with that format. The thriving gogo bars have all the boys on one stage where they can be seen.