Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

fountainhall

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by fountainhall »

So now it has been revealed that Trump is planning to sell nuclear technology to his cronies in Saudi Arabia! Now we know his reasons behind his rhetoric in scuttling the Iranian nuclear deal. As this article in today’s Observer points out, there is no doubt a massive donation into the Trump enterprises - and to hell with further destabilization in the Middle East!
The idea that the US might sell state-of-the-art nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia, potentially enabling Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s reckless regime to build nuclear weapons, sounds so far-fetched as to be almost grotesque.

After all the near-hysterical American and Israeli warnings about the risk of Iran, the Saudis’ arch-rival, acquiring the bomb, surely even Donald Trump would balk at such breathtaking – and dangerous – hypocrisy?

Apparently not. According to a congressional inquiry, senior White House officials, retired generals and Trump’s close relatives and business cronies have been secretly pursuing a multibillion-dollar scheme to cut a nuclear deal with Riyadh.

The talks are said to be continuing, despite increased public scrutiny and legal advice that a technology transfer lacking strict conditions could contravene US law, breach international counter-proliferation safeguards, and fuel a nuclear arms race.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... udi-arabia
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Unfortunately American constitutional law turns out to be flawed in that it is too difficult and takes too long to get rid of a bad, dangerous, mentally ill president. I don't know what the solution might be, but the fact that a person like Trump is in office, and it seems the only thing that can be done is trying to stop him rather than replacing him, maybe the USA needs to come up with some way to establish "no confidence" voting so that enough of a public outcry can oust a bad president. I doubt that will ever happen - at least not within our lifetimes. But when day after day it is constantly some kind of shit and nobody can do much of anything about it other than talking about it, something is really wrong.

Unless Mueller's report brings out enough so that impeachment procedures can be initiated and succeed in ousting him, I'm afraid we're stuck with Trump until at least the next election.

With so many of Trump's cronies winding up in jail, convincing me that everyone associated with Trump knew what was going on - everybody except Trump - you might as well try convincing me that everybody associated with Hitler knew about the concentration camps, murders, enslavement, persecution - everybody except Hitler. "Who, me? Gee whiz, why I had no idea . . ."

Too much is left solely up to Congress and partisan politics. The people have no say until the next round of elections.

Oh well, only 1 year, 8 months, and 6 days until the next presidential election . . .
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Trump Wins Big at Awards Ceremony. He took not just one but the two top awards. But no, not at the Oscars.
A big winner at the 39th annual Golden Raspberry Awards (or "Razzies," as the anti- Oscars event is commonly known), the president took home a pair of the golden fruit-shaped awards for worst actor and worst screen combo (that would be for appearing alongside "his self-perpetuating pettiness").

The films that earned Trump his Razzies? Dinesh D'Souza's conservative documentary "Death of a Nation" and Michael Moore's liberal doc "Fahrenheit 11/9." White House spin doctor Kellyanne Conway snagged a Razzie for worst supporting actress in the Moore documentary.

In its YouTube announcement video, the awards show, which honors the worst achievements in Hollywood, apologized for the president's absence (in previous years, some game celebs have actually shown up). "We're sorry Mr. Trump has left the building," intoned the announcer. "Accepting on his behave is his BFF..." And cut to archival footage of Russian President Vladimir Putin thanking a crowd.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertai ... story.html
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Don’t you love it when Trump contradicts his own Commerce Chief in front of a Chinese Trade delegation and shows he has no clue what he’s talking about?

fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Whenever I have done business in China, an MOU was essential prior to a contract being signed!
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

fountainhall wrote:Don’t you love it when Trump contradicts his own Commerce Chief in front of a Chinese Trade delegation and shows he has no clue what he’s talking about?
No, I don't love it because the useless Republicans in the Senate don't care!!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

The media has made some comments about Kim Jong Un taking a train for a couple of days to get to the Hanoi summit. Odd that there seems to have been little comment that Air Force One had to make two refueling stops to get from Washington to Hanoi - in the UK and Qatar. I assumed at least the plane would have in-flight refueling capability.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Michael Cohen’s opening statement to Congress tonight has been released to the media. It seems explosive! He calls Donald Trump -
“a racist, a con man and a cheat.”
He adds Trump knew all about the Moscow real estate project throughout the campaign and lied about it. Of Trump’s many deferments during the Vietnam war, he said today, “Well, Mr President. You finally made it!”
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

fountainhall wrote:The media has made some comments about Kim Jong Un taking a train for a couple of days to get to the Hanoi summit. Odd that there seems to have been little comment that Air Force One had to make two refueling stops to get from Washington to Hanoi - in the UK and Qatar. I assumed at least the plane would have in-flight refueling capability.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... force-one/
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

I can't take Cohen seriously at all.
"I have lied.....but I am not a liar". Duh!