TrueVisions - get Free 3-month Upgrade

Anything and everything about Thailand
fountainhall

TrueVisions - get Free 3-month Upgrade

Post by fountainhall »

Since the start of this month, it has been maddening that TrueVisions has withdrawn the on-screen programme information on about 30 of its channels, including movie and sports channels. So to find out about programmes and timings we've had to go through the hassle of checking its website.

I called TrueVisions today to express my disgust! I was informed that the withdrawal of programme information has something to do with preparing for His Majesty's Coronation. But they could not tell me what. When I continued to complain, I asked to speak to a more senior staffer at TrueVisions. 30 minutes later, I received a call. I was told the company has received many complaints about this. I did not get any details of the reasons for the withdrawal of the information, but I was offered a 3-months free upgrade from Gold to Platinum.

So if you want an upgrade, I suggest you register a complaint with TrueVisions. Call 1242.
thewayhelooks

Re: TrueVisions - get Free 3-month Upgrade

Post by thewayhelooks »

Ah TrueVisions - pay the most for the least satisfaction. Nothing has changed.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

In my view TrueVisions is a disgrace. It started as the merger of two cable/satellite companies to become UBC. True then took it over. The subscription was to be in lieu of the company being denied advertising. Then of course someone obviously handed over a very large brown envelope (more likely a large van load) and - lo and behold! - True was permitted to accept advertising. This, the public was told, was to enable to company to offer more and better channels and to convert to HD. B/S!

Since then, True has maintained one of the highest subscription cable/satellite systems in Asia for the least number of acceptable programmes. Its decision early last year to drop the six HBO channels immediately took away at least one of the best channels and reasons for subscribing. About 7 years ago when it won the right to broadcast the UK Premier League soccer matches, it offered them free. 3 years later, it lost the contract to another operator. When it won it back last year, did it again offer them free to subscribers? Not a bit of it! Now subscribers have to pay an extra subscription for those matches.

And all the time, most True subscribers have no alternative but depend on a weak satellite signal rather than a fibre optic signal. When it rains heavily, forget watching True. The signal disappears, sometimes for 20 and more minutes on end. As I said, it remains a disgrace.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

On screen info for sports programming has resumed. I subscribe for the NBA channel, that's about it.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I canceled my True account in Pattaya after they repeatedly screwed up the Suspension Program I had signed up for. Meaning, I was only to be billed for the service for the 6 months I was in country - where I would then pay a small service fee to reconnect the service. This was all very straight forward as outlined in the service agreement I had with them.

After 30 minutes of dead end conversation with a very sarcastic girl behind the counter she tried to charge me thousands of baht more than I should have paid. I then took my complaint to True management who were as unresponsive and incompetent as their staff in Pattaya. I informed the manager I was talking to of the method in which he could process the bill they were trying to force me to pay (in five short words) and immediately canceled my service. The manager then told me told me that if I didn't pay the bill - I would be forced to pay it when I wanted the service turned on again. I guess he didn't understand what "stick it up your ass" means.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Up2u wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:25 amOn screen info for sports programming has resumed. I subscribe for the NBA channel, that's about it.
I should have added I was told it would be resumed for the last few days of the month but then withdrawn again on May 1 until after the Coronation Days.