Tartawan Hotel Update Anyone???

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Tartawan Hotel Update Anyone???

Post by Dodger »

Up until about 2 years ago I always chose Tartawan during my short stays in Bangkok, although the hotel was sold and the new owner(s) failed to do any upgrading and the place started to go down hill.

Has anyone stayed there in the past 12 months? If so your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Bangkokian

Re: Tartawan Hotel Update Anyone???

Post by Bangkokian »

A poster on another board states that he has seen a message from the Tarntawan that "the bookings page will be closed from the first of June till the fifteenth of July".
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Thanks for the reference to the Sawatdee post on "Tarntawan".

In all honesty, I rarely find any posts on that site interesting or informative. It's geared more towards constant rambling and tit-for-tat dry humor than anything else which doesn't do anything for me.

I don't mean that in a derogatory way. It's just the way it is... :o

Thanks for the feedback.
odd

Post by odd »

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and it certainly is in need of some TLC. On leaving I mentioned to the Receptionist that my room was pretty shabby, especially the carpet. He then showed me some wood laminate which will replace the carpets.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:12 am Thanks for the reference to the Sawatdee post on "Tarntawan".

In all honesty, I rarely find any posts on that site interesting or informative. It's geared more towards constant rambling and tit-for-tat dry humor than anything else which doesn't do anything for me.

I don't mean that in a derogatory way. It's just the way it is... :o

Thanks for the feedback.
Folks, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from commenting about the other boards or the people who frequent them. Feel free to refer to posts on other boards, but if you have comments or problems with another board, then take it to that board.

From now on I will delete any posts that include negative comments about other boards and/or their members.
Josan

Post by Josan »

During March and April, while I ran around SE Asia I stayed at the Tartawan 5 times. Soon to get update. Breakfast still quite good. Location great! Staff always remembers you. Clean sheets and towels! Good laundry service. On the same side of the street as the new gay areas.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Thanks Josan,

That's exactly what I was looking for.

I can live with tattered carpet as long as the service is still good. Can't beat the location.

Thanks again.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

You might want to consider http://hotel.thefah.com/ It's clean, new, comfortable bed, quiet and good location for the new relocated bars. The air conditioner does not blow directly on you when you sleep. Of course, no problem with guests. The rooms are on the small side for the standard but I think it's quite functional. They have an elevator.

You have to look around for the best price, Agoda etc.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Trongpai...
Thanks for that recommendation.I have booked a room there for a weekend in June.
Will see how it goes...all I need is somewhere to sleep!
1300 Bt, not bad for the area.
Gerefan (ex customer of the Tarntawan until it’s done up)!