Be sure your TM30 is filed with Thai Immigration

Anything and everything about Thailand
travelerjim1

Be sure your TM30 is filed with Thai Immigration

Post by travelerjim1 »

Thailand Immigration Controls: getting tough with guests...

"TM30 is not new, but previously it was one of those obscure laws on the books, that only large hotels worried about. That has now changed.

If you have applied for an extension of stay lately, you are finding out about the TM30.

Here is an article in the Bangkok Post that makes the whole process sound very ominous. I am truly wondering if the Thai Government is trying to kill the goose that layed the golden egg."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/17 ... ith-guests

Tj
Gaybutton

Re: Be sure your TM30 is filed with Thai Immigration

Post by Gaybutton »

I don't see anything new in this and it probably affects zero of us since hotels take care of the requirement. The only thing I can see that might affect some of us is if we have a home and another farang visits and sleeps there overnight. You're supposed to report within 24 hours. Meanwhile, how would they know, or even care, what time the visitor arrived?

And how are you supposed to report within 24 hours if your guest arrives on a Friday, after immigration has closed for the day or arrives on Saturday - or arrives the day before a holiday when immigration offices are closed?

And what if you're staying somewhere out in the boonies, miles and miles from the nearest immigration office or police station, and you don't have your own transportation?

Ridiculous.

People can do as they wish, but I see very little reason to pay even the slightest attention to this.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Ditto.
gera

Post by gera »

travelerjim1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am Here is an article in the Bangkok Post . . .
At least one of the points in the article is inaccurate. It claims that people who own condo in Thailand and stay there do not need to submit this form.
Each time I go to immigration and indicate that I stay in my own condo they tell me that I need to submit the form anyway.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I have lived in my own condo for over seven years, do my annual extensions, travel outside this country, and have never been asked for a TM30. Should I become a landlord, I know it is my responsibility to report my tenant to TI.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

By the way, if anyone does not know what the TM30 form looks like, see: http://www.chiangmailocator.com/wiki-th ... o-you-p172
travelerjim1

Post by travelerjim1 »

For helpful and extensive information bout the TM30 ...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/139592032 ... 0312411825

Tj
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Like Up2u I have owned and lived in my own apartment for 18 years. I have never once completed at TM30, even when I have had an overseas friend staying. And never once have I been asked about this.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

fountainhall wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:38 am Like Up2u I have owned and lived in my own apartment for 18 years. I have never once completed at TM30, even when I have had an overseas friend staying. And never once have I been asked about this.
Having visitors (foreigners) stay with you under the law requires you to file a TM.30 with Immigration within 24 hours of their arrival (of course, if a weekend, the next business day that Immigration is open). BUT, unless your visitor has a reason to visit Immigration during their stay, there is little or no chance of a problem or fine. However, if your visitor goes to Immigration to say extend their Visa Exempt entry (30 day permitted stay) for another 30 days, then there is a very good chance you will required to file the TM.30 and pay a fine before Immigration will extend their stay - the fine is usually 1,600 baht, but could as I understand it, be more.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Thanks for the information. I have never had anyone stay more than a few days and it is always at the start or end of their visit. If at the start, my address goes into the Immigration form on arrival. No idea if this is acceptable but I have never encountered any issues. Thankfully none has required to visit Immigration.