How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Anything and everything about Thailand
SP55

How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Post by SP55 »

Eros is the latest bar in Sunee to give up. It doesnt look good for Sunee. Will there still be boybars in Sunee in 1-2 years from now? I am starting to doubt that.
ISAC69

Re: How long will Sunee plaza survive?

Post by ISAC69 »

Boyz Town doesn't look good either , Chinese investors are taking over and Chinese groups invading the place it's no longer gay zone anymore. Very sad but when Western gays coming to Thailand are dropping sharply no surprise that BT and SP are bleeding.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I though the Bangkok gay scene would be limited basically to Soi 4 after the death of Soi Twilight. I was wrong. The Patpong Soi 2 area has more or less taken over. Does anyone think there might be another location in Pattaya close to Sunee and Boyztown where the bars could relocate?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

SP55 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:59 am Eros is the latest bar in Sunee to give up. It doesnt look good for Sunee. Will there still be boybars in Sunee in 1-2 years from now? I am starting to doubt that.
I know the doorman at Eros he told me a few months ago it would close, it was open a few nights ago.
My guess is that In the not so distant future Sunee will disappear and boystown will become a place solely for Chinese tourists, Jomtien Complex which has no gogo bars will eventually become Pattaya’s only gay destination.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I was in Sunee last night and was surprised how many farang were there enjoying the place.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

windwalker wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:38 pm I was in Sunee last night and was surprised how many farang were there enjoying the place.
Did you notice if Eros was open or closed?
SP55

Post by SP55 »

windwalker wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:38 pm I was in Sunee last night and was surprised how many farang were there enjoying the place.
I was there at 22 and thought the place was a ghosttown, except for some sleepy boys in some of the bars waiting for customers to show up. Only Winnerboys and Niceboys showed some spirit of life.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:14 pm Did you notice if Eros was open or closed?
Eros has closed permanently
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

SP55 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:55 pm
I was there at 22 and thought the place was a ghosttown, except for some sleepy boys in some of the bars waiting for customers to show up. Only Winnerboys and Niceboys showed some spirit of life.
Perhaps you can blame windwalker for wishful thinking :!:
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

You know it's bad when even the Freelancers don't show up.