Upmarket Brothel opens Next to Friendship Market

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Upmarket Brothel opens Next to Friendship Market

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:24 pm As for being family friendly, if this took some of the business away from the open air hostess bars and had a relatively discrete frontage, then I would suggest it IS more family friendly, as it's behind closed doors.
I forget the name, but several years ago there was a venue in the same area at which it was girlie sex shows, attracting primarily Japanese audiences. It too was an enclosed, behind closed doors venue. The powers-that-be eventually shut it down.

I have difficulty understanding why places like this, go-go bars, sex shows, short time rooms, prostitution, etc. are such a problem to those in power. As long as nobody is forced to work in these places, nobody is under age, and it all takes place behind closed doors, what's the problem? Who is any of it harming?

I don't even see how it would interfere with their obsession with making Pattaya a family oriented city. Is the fact that such places are present at all, located away from the areas families are likely to go, where children will never see them even from the outside, causing families to avoid Pattaya? In my opinion, if families are avoiding Pattaya, that ain't the reason.

Dodger wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:17 am The fact that "All Inclusive" could translate to nothing more than a hand job is also going to be a tough sell.
Until people start reporting what goes on there, you can't even be sure even a hand job is included. For all we know at this point, it might be a perfectly legitimate Thai massage place, with nothing sexual at all. I think we'll find out soon enough. Personally I'm with thewayhelooks. If it's all girls, I don't really care either. I'm interested for curiosity sake. Of course if it really succeeds, who knows? Maybe someone will open a similar venue for gays - or at least mixed company.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:30 pm
Undaunted wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:50 pm I’m not quite sure if this is in line with Pattaya’s new image as being a family destination.
I suppose that would depend on which family - the Manson family perhaps. Somehow I don't see it as being the type of place where couples are going to take the children.
Maybe a French family? At one time, it was something of a tradition in France for fathers or grandfathers to take boys to the local Maison Publique to lose their virginity. They would be given an older lady to teach them how it was all done.
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:58 pm Something of this magnitude could never operate without its existence known by the B.I.B.
...or owned by the BIB.

Of course, if it is a money laundering enterprise, then the more rooms it has, the more fake transactions it can put through the books. I suspect that "all inclusive" with payment in advance may be directed at customer groups with less integrity than you or I who cannot be relied on to pay what they have promised.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

ceejay wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:44 am customer groups with less integrity than you or I who cannot be relied on to pay what they have promised.
They won't have to worry about me. I, for one, would not be willing to part with 2000 baht without knowing what I'm going to get for my money.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:49 am They won't have to worry about me. I, for one, would not be willing to part with 2000 baht without knowing what I'm going to get for my money.
You will get a girly massage. :lol: 2000 Baht is not that much for a massage in an elegant setting. I did stop by today and, as reported by Undaunted, the place is quite elegant. At noon there were no female massage therapists on duty, just rows of empty bleachers (seating). I believe the name is Honey Grand Massage.

There is another smaller sign reading " Acqua" residence.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:18 pm You will get a girly massage.
With or without a "happy ending"? And I think 2000 baht is too much - way too much, whether it's an elegant setting or a sleaze hole. It would have to be something very special to get me, for one, to part with 2000 baht for a massage. No thank you.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Between Friendship supermarket and Tuk-Com. That place has been a construction site for years, and on my recent trip to Pattaya I noticed the construction is complete. There was something with honey and massage in the name, but it looked more like a hotel to me, a cluster of separate houses.

As for the price, in Pattaya I pay on average 400 THB for one hour oil massage and tip the boy 800 THB if everything is as I like, that makes 1200 THB. In only frequent low and mid-class places (shared bathroom, sometimes not hot water). I think 2000 is not that unrealistic for customers who prefer luxury (e.g. each room has it's own shower, or even bathtub).

In Bangkok there are places where one hour massage with a boy and minimum tip exceed 2000 THB. Information from forums, and I would not go to such places; I can get a boy from online to come to my room for 1000.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

I agree with Christian; easy to spend close to 1500 Baht on a massage in a rather shabby setting in Pattaya. But I do doubt that the 2000 Baht quoted for a massage included the tip. Someone will have to check it out and report but that is also not likely. 555
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

There's 4 similar but not as large massage parlors further up on Second road around soi 1 to 3. Honey 1, Honey 2, Sabai and Sabai Loage. You can enter to have a snack or a drink, not expensive. The ladies are color coded with the lower end at 2000 all inclusive. By all inclusive that means you get a room with shower, a very basic quick massage the lady might take a shower with you and the for the massage she's nude. Then some quick body to body massage and your choice of happy ending, HJ, BJ or Boom-Boom. A tip is expected with a min of 500, more if your world was rocked.

At Honey the "model" or 'Side Line" girls are dressed in white and cost more, 3000B, I think.

There's similar places in Bangkok that have 4 categories, 2500, 3000, 5000, and 6000 all inclusive plus tip. Many also have a Farang surcharge. The only place that charged under 2000 was Annie's on Suk 4 but it closed recently after being open since 1972. Now, it's all up market and super hiso market, here park my Benz for me!

The gay establishments have not copied this tiered pricing concept for massage venues. I guess Moonlight does have a higher off fee for the staff they call "Super Models" and they negotiate a significantly higher tip.

Urban Male, Senso, Jey Spa, VK Space, Prince and My Hero don't do the all inclusive concept but with an expected tip of 1,500 and 500-600 for the massage the price comes in bottom line at around 2000. For Bangkok getting someone at a bar, drinks, off fee, a short time room if you need one and the expected/negotiated tip ends up generally more than what you would pay at a massage venue.

I recently went to the HIS Club in Chiang Mai and they had an all inclusive price, around 2000 depending on room, you massage options and about an hour and a half. Tip still expected around 500 and they get 1000-1,500 from your all inclusive fee. The owner told me they had to go to the all inclusive price because of the "fucken Chinese".

I was taking to a massage boy who's now working at Classic Massage Silom soi 6 that used to work in Pattaya and he said he moved to Bangkok with several of his friends because the Pattaya farangs are too kee nok, cheap, They expect fucking for 1000B but in Bangkok they hold out for 1,500 min. and sometimes get more. "Bangkok farangs very good"

Pattaya had some years ago a massage called Adam and Eve, all male staff soap massage. I miss that! I also miss the Banana Club in Bangkok for male massage, closed about a year ago. It was hit or miss but I've had some regulars there that worked out good.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:38 pm There's similar places in Bangkok that have 4 categories, 2500, 3000, 5000, and 6000 all inclusive plus tip. Many also have a Farang surcharge.
If a similar gay establishment opens and wants to charge those kinds of prices, if someone asks me if I will go, does anyone have a problem guessing what my answer will be?