ShamelessMack is back!

Anything and everything about Thailand
fountainhall

ShamelessMack is back!

Post by fountainhall »

ShamelessMack was one of the most valued posters on another forum. His detailed descriptions of bars and massage spas, in particular, along with the classification charts he developed to help identify body types in each establishment were of major assistance to masses of readers. Then he and his blog suddenly disappeared a few years ago for seemingly no reason.

Now he is back as ShamelessMack2. As importantly his blog is back. I hope all readers of this forum will check it and bookmark it. The posts are long but he has a wonderfully vivid and fluent writing style, calls everything as it is and gives extremely valuable insights into Thailand's gay nightlife.

Here is a short excerpt from his latest post about Spas in Bangkok.
Tired after a flight, horny, not particularly fussy, I headed straight to Arena Massage midway down Silom Road. It’s a trusty ol’ place with no pretensions. The building, which has a sort of courtyard in the centre, always looks run down, and half the shop units seem either to have no tenants, or tenants who are slowly going out of business. Siam Paragon, this most certainly is not.

The building has (had?) a twin in Sukhumvit near Nana station — almost exactly the same architectural design, also with a central courtyard — and there used to be an M2M massage parlour in the twin too. If my memory serves me well, it was called Body Club at first, then Uniman later. Both the Sukhumvit building and its Silom twin were equally run down. It was always a tough contest between the two which could boast of more torpor and neglect.

Turning into the courtyard of the Silom building, I wondered whether the Sukhumvit twin was still standing. And if there was still an M2M massage parlour there. The Sukhumvit location was more desirable real estate and could have been redeveloped by now. Maybe I’ll go over for a look-see another day.

Anyway, at Arena, around 18:00h, some 22 guys stood up and formed a semi-circle to be selected. With mostly gym-fit bodies but average-looking faces, the line-up wasn’t as instantly captivating as I’d like. By “instantly captivating”, I mean the feeling that you’re entranced, with four or five lovely lads raising your heart rate and triggering excited anticipation of a sexy massage. Not today. The feeling was more workman-like, “Well, I’m here, and now I have to choose.” No one really caught my eye but it would be unpleasant (and not my plan anyway) to just leave.

I reckoned the average age was 30 or 32, but then Arena’s been like that for a long while. I can’t say that anything has really changed. The place has no airs; the boys have no airs. And I mean that as a compliment.

More importantly, it clearly has a viable formula for business sustainability, which is way more than can be said for many other flash-in-the-pan places.

I seldom take long to pick a guy from a line-up. I go largely by intuition, fully aware that ultimately, it’s all a matter of luck what I’ll get as service in the room. So out of maybe 4 – 5 possibilities in today’s line-up, I picked the guy at the extreme left. He was younger and slimmer than most of the rest, but not by much — an S2 in my physique classification system. He would be the first of a string of massage boys with names beginning with “J”. Here, I will call him J-One.

As before, Arena’s massage room was small and depressingly functional. There was a shower stall in one corner complete with crumbling plaster on the wall near it and J-One observed the Arena custom of showering with the customer. Naturally, he remained nude through the rest of the session.
https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog

I think the Sukhumvit twin building that he mentions was what is called Korea Town. At one time there were two gay massage spas there, then one - and finally it closed. I do not know of any there now.
Jun

Re: ShamelessMack is back!

Post by Jun »

Good to see this return. Gay blogging seemed to be going out of fashion, with only one or two remaining in Thailand.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I have noticed that in Shamelessmactwo's new blog site, he refers to his old and excellent system for rating body types, but without including his prototypes. As at the start of these sentences -
Items #2 and #4 had three guys each — all S4R or W4R . . . There were 13 or 14 boys on the stage with several more in the shadows near the restroom. They were mostly S2 with one particular guy a lovely S3R. S3Rs tend to send a tingle down my spine
https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog/20 ... go-beauts/

I finally have been able to track them down on the internet and hope he will not mind my posting them here. I assume they were first posted on gaythailand.com before Michael sold it 9 years or so ago. But I know they also appeared on at least one other site - was it christianpfc's blog? Anyway, here they are.

The rating system is quite complex and I am not sure if I have got the diagrams in the correct order or if they are all there.

The lettering, numbering and descriptions clearly need more explanation, but I can find none. I don't believe there is any copyright issue. If there is, I am sure a request to GB to delete them will have them taken down.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Thank you I kept looking but could not find any the key. Let’s hope others can fill in the missing information. Perhaps this could be adopted by others in their postings as well if Mack does not object.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Shameless Mack is back is great news!
fountainhall wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 pm ...excellent system for rating body types...
I finally have been able to track them down on the internet and hope he will not mind my posting them here.
Where did you find the pictures?

The posts (body shape and body hair) are on archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/201003050120 ... ape-codes/
http://web.archive.org/web/201003050120 ... air-codes/
but without pictures.
I shall make an effort to learn his system and use it for my notes and in my blog.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

christianpfc wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:25 amWhere did you find the pictures?
I am sorry I simply cannot remember. Several times over the last year or so whenever ShamelessMack's name appeared in the chat rooms I have tried to find the templates and codes. After his return and the start of the new blog I must have looked at hundreds of sites before I could find the former. Stupidly I did not note the site name. All I can say is that I did not find them in the archive. Like you, I can not open the pics there. But the archive notes provide more useful detail.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Reminds me of biological taxonomy.

I just can't seem to remember all (any) of Mack's codes. Remember the hanky code? That too confused me.

I love his narrations but gloss over all the descriptive classification codes.

I use the boner scale. If I get wood looking at him on stage that's a 1. If I get wood when he sits with me and touches me that's a 2. If I get wood without touching that's a 3. If he get wood in the chair than I hit the jack pot, score 4 and off.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Another post.
https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog/20 ... /#more-233

Interesting to read the part about paying part of the tip upstairs & part downstairs, AFTER they both went to the shower together.
In mixed massage places, if tipping for anything more than regular massage, I automatically try to discretely tip whilst upstairs so I'm not seen handing over a suspiciously large tip.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Perhaps he did not want others to know he had some money. He might have owed money, someone would want to borrow money or he would be expected to foot the bill for the after work dinner and entertainment.

I've been to Classic Massage twice. I went to meet a boy that I had contacted on Hornet. He turned out to be just adequate but far from outstanding. I gave him a try twice and won't again. The facility is OK, just as Mack describes.

Indra around the corner opposite Tawan is now all Vietnamese boys.

I miss the old Hero and the Banana Men's Club.
belg0001

Post by belg0001 »

but it is now more than 6 weeks without a post..... I hope he will continue, I like the way he reports very much!