Mike Bloomberg for President?

Undaunted

Mike Bloomberg for President?

Post by Undaunted »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/us/p ... -2020.html

In my opinion Bloomberg former N.Y.C. mayor would be the best by far democrat for President.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Mike Bloomberg for President?

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:31 am In my opinion Bloomberg former N.Y.C. mayor would be the best by far democrat for President.
On his worst day he would still be light years better than Trump on his best day.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I disagree on Bloomberg. The Democrats already have enough moderate candidates running in Biden, Klobucar and Buttigieg. Do you think Sanders and Warren voters will support a billionaire after they have rightly pointed out the system is skewed(rigged) to the rich and powerful. What will happen is the moderate vote will be split insuring a Dukakis type democrat (Warren and Sanders) and a Trump victory. Think of the black voters when they remember his stop, frisk and search policy as NYC mayor. Perhaps he is running to protect himself from a return to a fairer tax policy, 70% on the 1% which I favor. Vote NO on Bloomberg and remember we already have a billionaire (?) in the White House.
Jun

Post by Jun »

With such an awful current president, I would hope the Democrats can field a very moderate candidate so they can pick up as many floating voters as possible and ensure Trump is a 1 term president.

I also don't see any problems with rich people running the country, as long as they are self made, have a track record of conduction business in a fair and civilized fashion and haven't had problems with bankruptcies.
Anyone who is self made really ought to know how to run the show, so ought to be way better than some other politicians who have never achieved anything (I can think of several examples in the UK). Incidentally, I believe Trump fails all 3 of the conditions I listed.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:42 pm
Anyone who is self made
Trump is self made in the sense below:

Grant: "You bastard!"
Fardan: "In my case and accident of birth. But you sir, you're a self made man."
- Ralph Bellamy (Grant), Lee Marvin (Fardan), 'The Professionals'