New Health Insurance Requirements Announced O-A

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: New Health Insurance Requirements Announced O-A

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:32 am
I'm actually starting to get bored listening to myself talk about this subject, and I'm sure others are getting bored as well.
Agreed :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Pacific Cross Health Care (PC) has now increased the entry age from 65 to 75 renewable to age 99.

PC is one of the approved TGIA health care providers which comply's with the new immigration mandate.

I selected PC myself earlier this year, (Standard Extra Plan) because it fitted my needs. I am only posting this information to be helpful, but not in the form of a recommendation to use PC.

Link to Pacific Cross Updated Policy Information:

https://www.pacificcrosshealth.com/en/longstay-visa/
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Up2u wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:20 pm I post this because it is Jomtien. Go to post #1312.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/113256 ... nce-today/
The number of the message on TV.com will be in the upper right corner of the post:
Report post #1312

Posted 15 hours ago

a friend just tried to do an OA extension at jomtien and was rejected for having no insurance. He's been doing extensions for years.
It appears on page 88 of that thread -- if you copy the URL when you are on the specific page, posting it here will link to the particular page: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/113256 ... /#comments This page starts with post #1306, scroll down for #1312.

I don't doubt the "friend's report" because as I have previously posted the sign at Desk 8 at Jomtien Immigration Office and the comment from a person that inquired and was told after they examined his passport stamps (he is on an extension of stay whose base Visa was an O-A) that he would need to have health insurance when he went in to renew his annual extension of stay, but IMO firsthand reports can be more persuasive.

As GB suggests, if your underlying Visa is an O-A (or you don't know which), go to your local Immigration Office and inquire if you will need to have health insurance - if not before, at least 30 days before your permission to stay expires so you have time to sort out its impact on your particular situation.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

2lz2p post_id=97956 time=1574221997 user_id=122]
a friend just tried to do an OA extension at jomtien and was rejected for having no insurance. He's been doing extensions for years

2Lz2p/Up2u: Well, I guess that just about wraps things up.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Was at Jomtien IO today for a residence certificate. I frequently use the visa agent to the left of the front door. I did ask the person helping me about extending O-A's. First question was do they medical insurance? Answer No and over age of 75. Do they have medical coverage in home country? Answer was Yes and has verification of insurance letter but does not meet Thai medical insurance guidelines. The next reply was come see us, We Can Help.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Up2u wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:17 pm The next reply was come see us, We Can Help.
After reading your post, you may want to take them up on their offer.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:17 pm The next reply was come see us, We Can Help.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Dodger wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:57 pm
After reading your post, you may want to take them up on their offer.
Let me be clear, as I have a non-O extension, my inquiry was on behalf of my friends and people I know who are > 75 and can not purchase medical insurance.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Up2u wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:17 pm Was at Jomtien IO today for a residence certificate. I frequently use the visa agent to the left of the front door. I did ask the person helping me about extending O-A's. First question was do they medical insurance? Answer No and over age of 75. Do they have medical coverage in home country? Answer was Yes and has verification of insurance letter but does not meet Thai medical insurance guidelines. The next reply was come see us, We Can Help.
I'm having a bit of difficulty comprehending what you're saying.

We already know that people who want to get an extension on an O-A visa have to have insurance. The big question is...will retirees, who have previously received retirement Extensions of Stay on an O-A visa, be required to have insurance. Can you please clarify what you were being told.

Thanks in advance
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Dodger wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:27 am Can you please clarify what you were being told.
I made it quite clear to the agent (staff) that my friends have a long history of annual extensions of their non O-A visas, he was quite clear on this point. While sitting near the retirement desk I overheard the little guy who reviews documents telling several persons they need health insurance (do not know the particulars of those persons). The same little guy that told me a year ago I must have 800k in a Thai bank, no 65k per month, period.

Tonight, I had dinner with friends, all have non O-A visas with a long history of extensions. One reported that three of his American friends had their annual extensions renewed(base non O-A) again since Wednesday. I queried him, are you sure they said non O-A and not non O. He is having breakfast with two of them tomorrow and I asked him for more confirmation, with details, pics of stamps as this is important, if true. He will email me tomorrow and I will share. His friends do not belong to any forums or social networks.