New Health Insurance Requirements Announced O-A

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dodger

Re: New Health Insurance Requirements Announced O-A

Post by Dodger »

Up2u wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:49 pm He will email me tomorrow and I will share.
Thanks for the clarification.

It would be interesting to know if the 3 Americans were required to have health insurance when they renewed their extensions.
travelerjim1

Post by travelerjim1 »

Dodger wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 am Pacific Cross Health Care (PC) has now increased the entry age from 65 to 75 renewable to age 99.
Problem is they use Thai Age...
Therefore if you are now 75...
You are really age 76 in eyes of Pacific Cross.
And not eligible for their health insurance.

Tj
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

Deleted.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

If you didn't manage to recover yet from the new health insurance requirements another bad news regarding your bank account :

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

ISAC69 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:22 pm bad news regarding your bank account
If you want to believe this nonsense, be my guest. Until there is verifiable corroboration, this goes in the file marked "Ridiculous."
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

That video was one of the worst pieces of misinformation I've seen. I suppose everyone noticed how slick the presentation was - complete with illustrations and embedded text. I wonder who was paying to put that out there - perhaps Italy (if you are swayed by his final plug)?
gera

Post by gera »

ISAC69 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:22 pm If you didn't manage to recover yet from the new health insurance requirements another bad news regarding your bank account :
I am not sure what is new here. As long as I remember there always have been capital controls to move money in and out Thailand. At the moment it is more difficult to move money in than out. If someone sold a condo, for example, and has a proof of transaction, I am sure there would be no problem to move money out.
ISAC69

Post by ISAC69 »

Everything become more difficult in Thailand: to transfer money in and out, to buy real estate, to renew visa, to enter the country multiple times a year . No wonder the number of tourists are dropping and The number of expats leaving Thailand increasing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:39 am I am sure there would be no problem to move money out.
This is off topic, but this actually happened to me.

Like everything else, you never know. Maybe things are different now, but many years ago, before I moved to Thailand, my accountant wanted me to bring back a cashier's check from Bangkok Bank. I forget the amount, but it was around the equivalent of US $200 or so. I also forget the reason why the accountant wanted it.

When the accountant was done with the check, I deposited it into my American bank account. They told me a check from Thailand will take about 12 weeks to clear.

14 weeks later, it hadn't cleared. I called the bank and the agent said he would look into it and call me back. A couple hours later he called back and told me in his entire career he has never heard of anything like this. He said Bangkok Bank is refusing to honor the check, even though it is a cashier's check, unless I can provide a reason they will accept as to why I needed to remove the money from Thailand. In other words, he said, they won't honor the check.

That was incredibly absurd because even in the USA at any ATM I could withdraw as much money from my Thai bank account as I want using my Bangkok Bank debit card.

I asked him what happens now with the check. He said the only thing he can do is return the check to me, which I received a few days later.

Next trip to Thailand, I went to Bangkok Bank with the check and deposited it into my account with no problems.
gera

Post by gera »

Not that of any importance but in opposite direction it works fine. I needed to deposit to Bangkok Bank a small dollar denominated check issued by US bank (not personal check). Not only it was accepted without any problems but was cashed immediately.