Pattaya Pride 2020

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Re: Pattaya Pride 2020

Post by Trongpai »

I guess the parade route has changed? I was told it would be on Second Rd but I got the impression that they had not yet been approved by whoever approves such things. I thought that might be a problem since Second Rd is the only N/S main road in Pattaya that is not under construction.

The short notice is usual with such parades. When Bangkok had Pride the parade permit did not get approval until the last day.

I would have liked to see all three gay massage boards with a float if there are floats or just a banner and march in the parade.

https://www.a-oneroyalcruisehotel.com/map/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:07 pm I think you may be misinterpreting Undaunted's statements.
No I'm not. Maybe you consider it poking fun. I do not. He does this all the time. My board is not here for Undaunted or anyone else to try to shame people into avoiding events that feature free food.

As I said, those who don't like it don't have to go.

My delete finger is getting very itchy. And I just used it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

GB.....as I am sure you know these people do you really believe they could be shamed into avoiding a free meal?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I hope not. Meanwhile, you just cut it out.

In case you haven't figured it out, I have no intention of putting up with this unnecessary shit now or ever again.

Find something else to talk about.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Trongpai wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:37 pm I guess the parade route has changed? I was told it would be on Second Rd but I got the impression that they had not yet been approved by whoever approves such things. I thought that might be a problem since Second Rd is the only N/S main road in Pattaya that is not under construction.

The short notice is usual with such parades. When Bangkok had Pride the parade permit did not get approval until the last day.

I would have liked to see all three gay massage boards with a float if there are floats or just a banner and march in the parade.

Trongpai,

I apologize for taking this post a bit off track, and want to thank you for keeping us aware of this major gay event.

Unfortunately, I won't get back to the Pattaya area until the 19th so will miss the fun. The last "Pride" celebration I attended was in Bangkok years ago, and all I remember was a whole lot of cute shirtless boys parading their stuff, and a getting lost in a tuktuk with a Singha in my hand.

Enjoy!
Jun

Post by Jun »

Thanks for informing us Trongpai.

Most of us are pleased to hear about it and discuss constructively.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Trongpai wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:37 pm I guess the parade route has changed? I was told it would be on Second Rd but I got the impression that they had not yet been approved by whoever approves such things. I thought that might be a problem since Second Rd is the only N/S main road in Pattaya that is not under construction.

Although not directly related to the Pattaya Pride 2020 parade, the following from the PCEC's Newsletter notes that the St Patrick's Day parade route was changed to 2nd Road for this year rather than from 2nd Rd to Beach Rd and down Beach Rd as in the past -- so it is most likely that the Pride parade would also be routed along 2nd Road:
ST. PATRICK DAY PARADE

Due to the current construction taking place around the city, it is impossible for all the floats, marching bands and participants to go along Beach Road. Instead the parade will start at school No. 8 on South Pattaya Road, travel along Second Road and finish at Alcazar Theatre. It will also start earlier than usual, at 12:30pm and will be led by the band of the Royal Thai Navy who will be followed by St. Patrick. For more information, contact [email protected]. [Source: Pattaya Mail]
Jun

Post by Jun »

ChrisUK wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:08 pm Received via Facebook yesterday:

Nothing happening at the boat shaped hotel at 16:00. I waited a while, but no one in sight.
Some DJ playing music and a few rainbow flags in front of Central Festival.

Some balloons going up in Boyztown.

As I don't have any parade photos to show, here's one from London a few years ago.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:14 pm Nothing happening at the boat shaped hotel at 16:00. I waited a while, but no one in sight.
Seems to me this turned out to be a flop, but I doubt it was due to lack of interest. I think it is more likely the fear of the Corona virus that kept people away.

I did find this video. I have not found anything else having to do with Pattaya Pride 2020.

I'm glad they at least did something. Speaking only for myself, my interest in this kind of show is zero.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:23 pm I'm glad they at least did something. Speaking only for myself, my interest in this kind of show is zero.
Agreed.

Much more interesting was the hundreds of motorcycles that headed down beach road, 30 minutes before the pride march was supposed to happen. I'm NOT a motorcycle enthusiast at all, but there was such a wide range of bikes and characters, it was fascinating to watch.

Way more interesting than any lady boy show could ever be. (Unless you count the magnificent Dame Edna).