Visa With 800,000 Baht

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Visa With 800,000 Baht

Post by Undaunted »

At lunch yesterday a friend said he read on Thai Visa forum that Jomtien immigration is the only immigration office in the kingdom that requires those that use the 800,000 option to return 3 months after the renewal and show that the 800,000 is still in the bank, has anyone had a RECENT experience with this?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Visa With 800,000 Baht

Post by Gaybutton »

That depends on how recent you mean. For me, I did return 3 months later in September, with the updated bank passbook and the letter immigration had given me requiring the return. They thanked me, made copies, kept whatever they needed, and that was that. Nothing more is required until renewing the visa.

The way I see it, if immigration wants us to do that, then I, for one, am going to do it rather than risk problems later. If it is something do-able, I comply.
odd

Post by odd »

Undaunted did ask for RECENT information-ie within the last week or so. I would thought recent was not 5 months ago.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

odd wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:13 am Undaunted did ask for RECENT information-ie within the last week or so. I would thought recent was not 5 months ago.
Thanks odd :!: Within the last month any info would be welcomed.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

The requirement to keep 800,000, then 400,000, then 800,000 is real and compliance will be examined when the extension is up for renewal.

There was mention in the past week on ThaiVisa, two posters saying that Jomtien did not hand out the 3-month compliance proof form when extensions were granted.

Did the IO forget? Were they out of forms? Have they dropped this unique local rule? It's too soon to tell.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

odd wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:13 am Undaunted did ask for RECENT information-ie within the last week or so. I would thought recent was not 5 months ago.
Really? I must have missed the part where he made it clear he meant within the last week or so. I'm still missing it. Would you care to point that out to me?

I also see no posts with information more recent than mine.

To me, recent means within the last year. Does that matter? Do we really need to argue about the meaning of 'recent'?

Meanwhile, if someone is not certain of the current requirements, the place to ask is at immigration, not a message board.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Thank you mahjongguy. I am asking if anyone RECENTLY had the same exprience as menthioned in your post.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:32 pm I am asking if anyone RECENTLY had the same exprience
What difference does it make? What we know is Pattaya immigration did ask for a return 3 months later. Based on someone else's experience, what are you going to do, not bother to go? How difficult is it to just comply rather than take any risks?

You folks do what you want. For me, if immigration asks me to return 3 months later and show compliance with their rules, then I'll return 3 months later and show compliance. If you don't want to do that, I'll be very interested to know what you said when immigration asks you to explain why you did not comply.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Current info from anyone within the last month having renewed his yearly visa in Jomtien as to wether or not immigration is still requiring you to return 3 months after your renewal based on 800,000 baht in the bank would be most appreciated.
odd

Post by odd »

Definition of RECENT---New or just happened. ok gb?!