Are Bangkok gogo bars suffering because of epidemic?

Anything and everything about Thailand
werner99

Are Bangkok gogo bars suffering because of epidemic?

Post by werner99 »

I visited Bangkok briefly a couple times in late 2019, and was delighted to find that, after the demise of Soi Twilight, a vibrant go-go scene had been re-established across the street.

The bars had many attractive guys. Lucky Boy, for example, had 40+ guys when I went, and I found at least 4 or 5 of them extremely attractive.

I had a wonderful time. I had not had such a great time in Bangkok since the heyday of the go-go culture in the 1990s.

Are the Bangkok go-go bars still in full-swing, despite the COVID 19 epidemic?

I wonder if it is even safe to off go-go boys now. The virus seems to be very contagious. If one even one boy got infected by a customer, the virus could spread rapidly to the other boys, the bar staff and customers. Of course, the situation seems to be changing almost daily.
Jun

Re: Are Bangkok gogo bars suffering because of epidemic?

Post by Jun »

werner99 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:12 pm I wonder if it is even safe to off go-go boys now.
I assume you have 100% chance of catching the Wuhan flu off any boy you off who has it (that's my estimate, not scientifically proven). Currently, in Thailand it seems the probability of that one individual boy having it is quite low.

So I off boys as normal. I'm not sure about Bangkok gogo bars, but the bars in Pattaya are doing OK.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

The short answer to you question is no they are not suffering. There are customers and the ago-go bars in Bangkok are up to full staff.

The Silom soi 4 venues are also doing well.

Silom was designated a walking street today. Food vendors mostly. There was a lot less spectators/walkers then was for the first few runs but that probably had more to do with been-there-done-that then COVID-19.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

werner99 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:12 pm The bars had many attractive guys. Lucky Boy, for example, had 40+ guys

Are the Bangkok go-go bars still in full-swing, despite the COVID 19 epidemic?
Get real, just google the number of Corona cases in Thailand. It’s 34....

That’s in the WHOLE of Thailand. Less than the number of boys working in one single Gogo bar.

Everything is normal apart from the the unnecessary wearing of masks. There was even one wearing a mask in Nice Boys tonight. We called him Mr Corona. Did he get offed? Of course not!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:50 am Everything is normal apart from the the unnecessary wearing of masks.
Don't forget the second reason so many people are wearing masks - the air pollution.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Bangkok air quality 'GOOD' for the past few days. Today 28 in my district (iq Air).
Josan

Post by Josan »

Thanks to all the posters. Helps quiet the mind for those of us about to arrive!
pong

Post by pong »

And yesterday here in BKK even the weather-rather too hot for comfort the days before, was a little less hot and much nicer.There are indeed notably far fewer mainland Chinese horrible tourists so that has also led to less visitors to Silom WS, + that is was hardly advertised at all. They could move the whole thing to the parking lot beside Lumpini park and have far, far less traffic jams and much better air as result.