Some of you won't like this

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Some of you won't like this

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: They're not going to extend the holiday and I'm sure Pattaya will cancel all Songkran activities as soon as they realize Undaunted doesn't like it.
From your mouth to God’s ears.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

The Pattaya News wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:58 pm The Thai prime minister has dismissed the idea of extending the Songkran .........
Why am I not surprised?

I used to love Songkran back when the gay boys were still here in mass. There was so much fun to be had in-and-around the gay areas back then, but, unfortunately, things change.

That Songkran magic that used to fill the air has been replaced by the loud sounds of water blasting from the nozzles of high-powered water cannons by deranged looking Arabs posturing themselves as make-pretend terrorists, and shrill screams coming from the Thais who intentionally work themselves into a drunken frenzy, all for the purpose of releasing a years worth of pent up anger and aggression for their misfortunes in life. Not for me anymore!

I really enjoy the small town Songkran's, (including Bang Saray) where you experience lukewarm water being dribbled on your forehead, and powder gently rubbed on your cheeks, by people with warm and genuine smiles. There are plenty of smiling shirtless boys in the mix to give the atmosphere just the right balance...all to the sounds of low-volume Buddhist music piping from the local temple. Just the way it's supposed to be!

Songkran in Pattaya isn't really Songkran. Just like Pattaya isn't really Thailand.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Although it will not make a difference for Pattaya, the Cabinet apparently didn't "buy off" on the suggestion to add additional days:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382340