Tiffany or Alcazar???

Anything and everything about Thailand
ISAC69

Re: Tiffany or Alcazar???

Post by ISAC69 »

Dodger wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:25 pm Thanks, but I checked out "Kaan" before. If the show was at least 90 minutes long I would consider it, but 60 minutes just seems a bit short.
But the show at Alcazar or Tiffany is no longer than 60 minutes as well.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

I suppose it is none of my business, but why do you want to take your guests to a lady-boy show?

Why not take them to a show at a gay bar? Or might such shows be too risque?

I could never sit through much more than 10 minutes of a lady-boy show.

However, I find some of the shows at the gay bars, especially some of the "coyote dancer' shows quite appealing.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

werner99 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:03 am I suppose it is none of my business, but why do you want to take your guests to a lady-boy show?
Have you been to Alcazar or Tiffany? There is far more to those shows than just lady boys.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I am sure the Chinese love the Ladyboy shows, as for Ladyboy shows in general in the good old days when Boystown was really fun a group of us used to go almost nightly to the Gogo bars and we would ask if the show had a Ladyboy, if the answer was yes we’d move on to the next Gogo.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
werner99

Post by werner99 »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:02 pm
Have you been to Alcazar or Tiffany? There is far more to those shows than just lady boys.
Well, about 25 years ago, a friend dragged me to one of these shows.

I did not find the show interesting at all and did not stay for the whole performance.

Perhaps I missed something -- or maybe I am not remembering the show clearly. Or perhaps the shows have changed compared to 25 years ago.

In any case, Gaybutton you are right. I should not denigrate something that I do not know well.

Could someone kindly inform me why these shows might be interesting....

Does this forum have many fans of Alcazar or Tiffany?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

werner99 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:35 pm Could someone kindly inform me why these shows might be interesting....
I don't know how anyone can do that. What some might enjoy, others might not. For example, you seem to like the bar shows, but I can't stand them and I will never go to another one.

In the USA we say, "Different strokes for different folks."
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:41 pm In the USA we say, "Different strokes for different folks."
In the UK “One man’s meat is another man’s poison” or “Horses for courses”.
gera

Post by gera »

werner99 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:03 am I suppose it is none of my business, but why do you want to take your guests to a lady-boy show?

Why not take them to a show at a gay bar? Or might such shows be too risque?

If I need to entertain my family or straight friends (like in Dodger case), I would not hesitate to take them to Tiffany or Alkazar. I would not take them to a gay bar or even Venue cabaret show in Jomtien complex. To my taste Venue cabaret show is good but still 'walking street' in Jomtien complex could be somewhat shocking for a first time straight visitor.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I would not take them to Pattaya at all. This is going to upset some of you but Pattaya is a Brothel-by-the-Sea. Shitsville if you will. A second rate polluted beach destination. Not that that's a bad thing and I happen to love Pattaya but my views are not main stream American/Western views.

I don't know your daughter or her husband or their values but most Americans would not enjoy, understand or want to visit Pattaya. Perhaps they're not right wing wackos that would define most of us as perverts that should be put in jail but even (I think) the majority of middle Americans would be put off with the blatant commercial sex for sale nature of Pattaya. They would not appreciate seeing geriatrics perambulating about with companions a fraction of their age.

My sister is gay and has a partner and if they visited Thailand I would not take them to Pattaya even though we share the same liberal views. I would meet them in Bangkok, take them to some historical sites like The Grand Palace, Wat Po etc and then ask if they wanted a beach/sea activities vacation or one to Northern Thailand for mountains and scenery. Take them to one of the many roof top bars restaurants in Bangkok and pass on Patpong. Above 11 on Suk 11 for drinks is my favorite and then the Havana Bar for a unique bar experience.

If they opted for the beach then we're off to the West coast and/or Adamin Islands: Kho Lanta, Lipe and PiPi. It can't compare with East coast beach locations: Kho Chang, Samet etc in my opinion but cost more.

Now if they specifically asked to see a Thai Lady Boy Show then OK, they asked for it then I would take them to the Coliseum but it cost more then the others. There's Simon Cabaret in Phuket.

My apologies to those who see charms and beauty in Pattaya that I don't see. If I have offended PM me and drinks are on me on my next visit to Pattaya which is often.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Trongpai wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:40 pm I would not take them to Pattaya at all. This is going to upset some of you but Pattaya is a Brothel-by-the-Sea. Shitsville if you will.
Trongpai, Pattaya yes how wonderful this “Shitville” is ......I haven’t been to BKK in over a year and there is nothing to miss. I’ve lived in BKK and yes years ago it was fun but that has changed and I wouldn’t live there again for anything.