Bangkok plummets in popularity with expats

Anything and everything about Thailand
firecat69

Re: Bangkok plummets in popularity with expats

Post by firecat69 »

I would guess the ratings would be completely different if only Gays were surveyed. But who knows?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The article says "36% worry about political stability."

I don't know about others, but Thailand's political stability is not a factor for me because, despite all the coups, the stability has never had an effect on my life here. Many of the asinine decisions have had an effect, but not the actual stability.

How many of you are concerned about Thailand's political stability to the point it affects your decision about living here?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton post_id=98267 time=1575765197 user_id=2]
The article says "36% worry about political stability."

How many of you are concerned about Thailand's political stability to the point it affects your decision about living here?
Not me, for the mere fact that the only place on Earth where you'd find political stability would be on a deserted island. I certainly wouldn't return to the U.S. if this was a concern of mine. That would be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:47 pm That would be like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.
With Trump in office, more like jumping into a huge bonfire.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Coups seem to be part of the stability. If a government steps too far out of line, they get kicked out.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:01 pm Coups seem to be part of the stability. If a government steps too far out of line, they get kicked out.
The only problem with that is it's the very same Military that orchestrated all the previous coups in Thailand that now controls the government. I doubt they would overthrow themselves.
Josan

Post by Josan »

" I doubt they would overthrow themselves."

Not sure about that. Previously one coup happened only to be forced out by another coup and then back again.

In 1997 in Myanmar there was a coup within a coup!