Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Montree

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Montree »

My boyfriend had a tattoo done on his shoulder after all the publicity when Angelina Jolie had one done in Thailand in 2003. I let him know I did not like it but it is only small and it’s his body but I hate the large tattoos some guys have. None of the guys I’ve offed from Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos have had tattoos and they do seem to be more common on Thai guys which probably isn’t surprising given the huge number of Tattoo places in Pattaya. One Thai guy I know has “Born again but still my mother’s son”, in English, across his chest and he doesn’t even know what it means!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:25 pm I think they’re an abomination.
So do I, especially when I see people, often including farang, who are close to covered with them. I don't understand it at all. I have no tattoos and I plan to keep it that way.

I have never understood why people put images on their bodies they wouldn't be caught dead framing and hanging on the wall.

I think many of these boys get tattoos not because they particularly want them, but because their friends get them.
Jun

Post by Jun »

About a week after it was mentioned here, someone on another forum has also mentioned boys who don't speak English being more common than before.
There could be any number of reasons for this, including drawing conclusions from too small a sample size.
It may even depend on the bar. M-Bar now has several Lao boys who communicate using their phones to translate. Their lads do look cute.
Montree

Post by Montree »

Along with tattoos another thing I’m not keen on are the decorative teeth braces which ruin the smile of some guys.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Montree wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:43 pm Along with tattoos another thing I’m not keen on are the decorative teeth braces which ruin the smile of some guys.
I don't like the braces either, but after I convinced myself that they don't, err.......... physically interfere with service, it's never stopped me taking a lad. One lad I've seen several times has them.

In Jomtien complex, I note several of the bars have few or no boys with moustaches. Perhaps those bars are either aware of customer preferences and advise their staff accordingly or maybe they just want to preserve a certain image.
A moustache might look fine on Freddie Mercury, but I don't think it works so well on a cute skinny Asian lad.
I also don't hear of many farang wanting to see more hair on their cute skinny lads. Perhaps it's different for people chasing a more mature looking guy.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

I don’t mind tattoos, I do mind body hair. I saw a real cute twink at Classic boys in Boystown. Thought I’d come back to off him but about 2 am he came on same baht bus as me. I couldn’t believe how hairy his legs were! Definitely crossed him off my list.

One twink ar BN bar in jomtien, I bought a razor for suggesting he shave his most private of parts. He let me shave him but it’s always better if they can do it themselves.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I just made the rare step of sending a boy away after he arrived.
The first issue was a big moustache, which didn't appear on any of the photos sent and the rest of him didn't match well either.
Just in case I was considering overlooking this, when he arrived, there was no smile or eye contact. Just looking down at his feet. Which isn't a good sign. I can't send him away for the latter, but I can if his photos were not representative.

The previous one sent away was 4 years ago in Mae Sot, for not bringing his ID. So this is rare.

Getting back to bars, whilst the extra charge for boy drinks has been criticised by some, I like the certainty that this price structure brings.
Whereas, I've just left a bar in Cambodia with all sorts of fancy expensive cocktails on the menu.
When I noticed a rare example of a customer buying boys drinks, they had the cocktails.
Perhaps that's what was offered. Perhaps they checked with the customer, or maybe it's their default selection as the big earner for the bar.
All I can say, is I don't see many boy drinks there.

The clear pricing in Jomtien has advantages.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:35 am The first issue was a big moustache, which didn't appear on any of the photos
That alone would be enough for me to make him leave immediately. If a boy shows up, but doesn't look like his photos, out he goes. The only exception I would make is if I like the way he looks better than I liked the photos. With a moustache I would have told him he can contact me again once he shaves it off.
Jun

Post by Jun »

About a month ago, Jewel 79 Bar had 4 cute lads. Two that I have met before and two more were good candidates for an off.
Not one of them is there currently. They still have several lads, but not quite my type.
Fortunately, there is no shortage of cute lads elsewhere in Pattaya.

Meanwhile, the presumptuously named "Best Bar" has opened on the former JQX site, between Home Bar and The Venue. I haven't tried it. The music was loud when I walked past recently, so I kept walking. Their music volume would be a good reason not to stay in The Venue hotel.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Jun wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:15 pm Meanwhile, the presumptuously named "Best Bar" has opened on the former JQX site, between Home Bar and The Venue. I haven't tried it. The music was loud when I walked past recently, so I kept walking. Their music volume would be a good reason not to stay in The Venue hotel.
A few Thai friends and I went into Dodo bar(or whatever it is called now) and so enjoyed the show we stayed for three drinks each. Which were cheaper than a standard bar. If only by 1 baht…but that’s the point.

Afterwards we decide to cross the street and visit Best Bar. A HUGE mistake. The noise (some call it music) was so loud that my Thai friends asked me if we could leave immediately. We did…after quickly swallowing our three drinks.

A friend is staying at Venue in a few days time and I will report about what he thinks about the NOISE when I speak to him.