Bar Reports

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar Reports

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:51 pm That might come in handy for Phnom Penh buses, on the rare occasion that one runs.
What is transportation like in Phnom Penh? I still have never been to Cambodia. Most posts I've seen about Phnom Penh talk about the bars, but little else. Can you fill us in with some details - recommended places to stay, restaurants, bars, best way to hook up with boys, getting around, prices - whatever comes to mind.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

I generally avoid Phnom Penh these days as it is a bit too busy for me but I would recommend Rambutan Resort. It is a gay owned hotel and the building next door is Arthur and Paul another gay hotel which is more fancy and upscale. They also offer a massage room on downstairs with massage boys available. Both have pools, bars, and restaurants. Again Arthur and Paul is more upscale and it also gay men only. Rambutan may have a mixed crowd but clearly caters to a gay customer and can help with any directions or questions. The only warning is my information is dated by two years I think. I always stay at Rambutan Resort in Siem Reap (same owners) as I prefer the quieter pace in Siem Reap.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Pride of Cambodia
This has changed location since my last visit.
I think they had some nice waiters, but it was too dark to be sure! Why do they do this?
When I was in there, most of the customers were middle aged farang. I wouldn't thing they would be after a disco experience.
Beer $3. 10% then added to the bill. Difficult to count the change in KHR due to the darkness.

One advantage of bars over apps is supposed to be you can see exactly who you're talking to in a bar.

Toolbox
Has reopened in a new location, close to the old site. Nice seating. Proper lighting!
Some nice lads shirtless who take it in turns to dance on the stage. Very good.
More customers than POC and they deserve it.
The TV screens advertise it as a "men only" bar.
Beer $3

Incidentally, Blue Chilli has also moved to a new location. A dental practice is occupying what I think was their old site. I am in no hurry to visit the new location, as it used to be mainly drag shows.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Jun wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:03 am
Now there's a great idea for the Pattaya bars... Way too many ladies in Supertown and Boyztown for my liking.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Last night was entertaining in jomtien complex, as I saw a group of Chinese heterosexuals walk near 69 bar and suddenly realize that they were in a gay area. They looked puzzled and hesitant. Eventually retreated back they way they came.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Rocket wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:48 pm Last night was entertaining in jomtien complex, as I saw a group of Chinese heterosexuals walk near 69 bar and suddenly realize that they were in a gay area. They looked puzzled and hesitant. Eventually retreated back they way they came.
The rainbow road has some benefits.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Glad to see my friend Doug has reopened Toolbox, last I saw him was after the old bar had closed and I saw him near Jomtien complex which he found less than thrilling (no argument from me there).
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Nice Boys are still wearing jeans. That might be a problem if it’s your first time or don’t go there much. However when I go I know most of the boys and what they look like so I have a certain few sit with me.
They’re quick to lower them but I sit in the pulpit which offers more privacy. You can ask to sit there but probably should tip the manager more.

On a side note, I have witnessed the largest junk I’ve ever seen since my 20 years of visiting Thailand.
Even larger than anything at Good Boys when they were around. And I’ve seen my share.

The manager says he not offable and I understand why.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Undaunted… do you mean TOOLBOX has reopened in Phnom Penh?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:03 am Toolbox
Has reopened in a new location, close to the old site. Nice seating. Proper lighting!
Some nice lads shirtless who take it in turns to dance on the stage. Very good.
More customers than POC and they deserve it.
Beer
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"