Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
christianpfc

Re: Boys

Post by christianpfc »

pinoyfriends wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:32 am I offed a Laos thin twink 19yo and we agreed on 3000 baht overnight and I would be top. He was very insistent that I take him and pressured me since the night prior.
After a lot of experience, I would not let someone pressure me to take him, and I would not agree to above-average tips.

I prefer not to talk about money or activities, and in most cases that works out well.

If the boy is really of no use, I send him away with taxi money. 1000 THB does not mean a lot to me, but a lot to them, but I'm not here for charity and have to set an example. To save others from a similar experience, I would even write a review in online dating forum elsewhere.

In your case, now too late, think of it that way: you agreed on 3000 for sex, but you didn't have any, so you are not bound to pay him anything.

I apply the same logic to boys who don't look like their pictures, or who are a dead fish in bed (meaning they would provide a sexual service, but I lost interest). Rare cases for me nowadays.
Jun

Post by Jun »

christianpfc wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:57 pm After a lot of experience, I would not let someone pressure me to take him, and I would not agree to above-average tips
These are good filters. If a lad exhibits any attitude issues, I prefer to leave him. That's easy enough in Pattaya, where there are plenty of nice boys.
christianpfc wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:57 pm I prefer not to talk about money or activities, and in most cases that works out well.

If the boy is really of no use, I send him away with taxi money.
Not talking about activities might work if you're fairly flexible about what you get.

I usually ask what the boy does.
If he says "everything", I ask if he does X, Y and Z. The usual answer is yes.
He then usually asks "How much you pay me?"
So I declare my minimum tip, but specify he has to do X, Y and Z, or it is zero tip.
This is merely a reminder that he needs to do what he has already said he will do in order to get paid.

If a lad really refuses to perform, sending him away with nothing or a taxi fare seems perfectly reasonable. However, I can't remember ever doing that in Thailand.
I have paid zeo and removed lads from my room by force in Europe.

My methods were established back in the days when I typically spent a month in SE Asia, of which just 2~2.5 weeks would be in Pattaya. When the holiday is short, you really don't want to waste time on duds. Even if the percentage is low.
For those who spend most of the year in Thailand, or other countries with available boys, I suspect it's easier to accept the odd dud.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:14 pm When the holiday is short, you really don't want to waste time on duds. Even if the percentage is low.
For those who spend most of the year in Thailand, or other countries with available boys, I suspect it's easier to accept the odd dud.
For me, even on a short holiday, while I would hope not to get stuck with a dud, I would still rather risk it than taking an "all business" approach. Doing it your way might be more likely to weed out duds, but I just wouldn't enjoy that at all. That would actually ruin it for me. You might as well make cards or something, list all your requirements and your price offers and then just hand the card to the boy and not bother wasting time having a conversation about it.

Of course, I am speaking only for myself. I am not advocating doing things Jun's way, my way, or any other way. This is definitely a "to each his own".
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:01 pm This is definitely a "to each his own".
If you're still meeting lads via apps, what is your way ?

I presume we both start off by swapping names, asking where he comes from and how old he is.
After that, do you just invite him around & see what happens ? How often do you do this and what is your success rate ?

I had about 45 hookups on my last trip. Zero duds, a couple who I wouldn't see again and numerous lads who I have met several times.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:36 pm do you just invite him around & see what happens ? How often do you do this and what is your success rate ?
That's pretty much just what I do. I don't bother asking things like where he comes from or his age because the app usually tells that. I suppose for me it mainly boils down to telling him what I like, asking if he likes the same things I like, and I let him know if all goes well and we like each other, then I might become a regular.

On the apps, quite often the first contact comes from the boy. Many times there is no photo, either that or an unacceptable photo. I will always send back a message: No picture = No chat. Most of the time shortly thereafter I'll get a photo. Sometimes I can see why they don't want to send a photo, but often enough I am very pleasantly surprised.

I can't speak to my success rate because to tell the truth, I can't remember the last time the boy was a dud. I suppose I've been lucky, but I've hardly ever had that happen.

What sometimes does happen to me is the boy becomes a dud at some point after we've met a few times, even if all has been going well. If the pleas for money start coming, that's usually when I'll end it - permanently - and most of the time right then and there. I've had it happen a few times - fortunately not often, but that's how I handle it when the "I not have money for room", "I not have money for eat", "Grandmother sick", etc. start coming. I won't give in to any of that. With the money ploys, I know what they're going to try before they know what they're going to try.

I have also learned if you "help" a boy with money, even if only once, now the pleas for money are never ending. Some may disagree with my stance, but I've learned the best way to deal with it is not to be giving him money at all, other then when I have him come over.

The most common one I get is the "I not have money for room" ploy. I've heard that one a few times over the years. And yet in all the years I've lived here, I have never seen even one boy trying that with me actually lose his room.

Yes, it has now been a very long time since I last went to the bars, but when I used to go regularly, I handled it as I posted.

Nuthin goes my way. A girl called me. "Come on over. There's nobody home." I went over. There was nobody home!
- Rodney Dangerfield
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

There's no doubt that hooking up with a guy on-line presents more risks than if you meet in-person...something I have very little experience with..., but the few times I did hook-up on-line I still preferred spending more time just getting to know HIM - versus - asking a lot of sexual questions which are commonly intended by punters to pigeon-hole the boy into committing to something he may or may not really be comfortable doing. The boy knows this full-well and then draws a perception of who the punter is as a person. It's that perception (karma) that can literally made it or break it in bed. It's just human nature!

My comments aren't intended to criticize anyone for having their own style of communications with the boys - I'm just sharing my thoughts about what works for me. Nothing more - nothing less.

Jai (my partner) told me once about all the questions farang would ask him when he had his profile on Gay Romeo. I laughed my ass off listening to him. First-of-all his profile listed that he was interested in "finding friends - not "sex dates", but that didn't stop almost every single farang who contacted him for almost a year from asking those stupid questions, e.g., how big is your cock, do you like to bottom and/or top, do you kiss, do you swallow, how much of a tip would you want...LOL...and the list went on-and-on getting funnier with every line.

Then he told me that the only reason he responded to the very first message I sent him is because all I seemed interested in was getting to know HIM as a person...and in-turn he saw me as being a real person and wanted to get to know me better. I'm not making this stuff up. This is what really happened.

He's sitting here in the next room right now working on a new fashion design inspiration - while I sit here in my little office area typing this. Ironically, if we would have asked all those stupid questions to each other 10 years ago when we first connected on Gay Romeo our answers to each other would have all been YES!

If you're a farang was has only had two duds in a hundred boy interactions, consider yourself lucky, because out of a hundred farang interactions the boy has only had two that were OK.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:35 am First-of-all his profile listed that he was interested in "finding friends - not "sex dates", but that didn't stop almost every single farang who contacted him for almost a year from asking those stupid questions, e.g., how big is your cock, do you like to bottom and/or top, do you kiss, do you swallow, how much of a tip would you want...LOL...and the list went on-and-on getting funnier with every line.
There's a big difference between people looking for friends or relationships vs money boys. How much experience from being in a LTR is relevant to the modern online money boy trade ?

I'm definitely NOT looking for a LTR, as when I'm only in Thailand for a few months a year, I don't see how it would work for either party.

In 2023, if you don't ask questions, just occasionally you will get a boy who does nothing and demands money.
If you ask questions and make it clear he has to perform to get paid, you reduce the risk to near zero.

I try to establish if the lad is a money boy very early, as Pattaya is probably the only place where the majority are money boys. Therefore avoiding a money boy type conversation with a non money boy.
Hence the "What are you looking for ?" question. That's his opportunity to tell me if he's a money boy or looking for friends. If he's not told me already. Most are to the point.

I never ask questions about cock size etc. Just the basics about services. I'm wary about people asking about cock size, as the next request is usually for pictures, possibly from someone with a fraudulent profile. I neither send nor expect to receive cock pics.

I always attempt some conversation when the guy arrives. The more the better, if he speaks enough English.

My comments are based on 100% money boys, 0% long term relationship. I'm not sure where everyone else is on that scale.
I made about 45 hires on my last trip, although after allowing for repeats, it is probably into double figures for new boys. No duds. The trip ended in March 2023.
Our esteemed expat contributors haven't declared how frequently they hire hire a new boy in 2023. At least one has a long term BF, so it seems a relevant question, considering the advice offered.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:44 pm ......How much experience from being in a LTR is relevant to the modern online money boy trade ?
Not to belabor this, but in all honesty I've learned a lot more about the interworking's of the "Thai working boys" during my time spent in long-term relationships than I did during all the short time encounters I've had combined.

When you're in a LTR with a Thai boy - over time - he'll start to tell you the real truth about how Thai boys think...e.g. what they say or don't say to potential customers if they're working the scene...how they bait and hook their customers (on-line or in-person)...how they can spot the "easy touches"...techniques for handling undesirable or abusive farang, etc. including the truth about how they feel about certain types of farang in general.

From all that I've learned it's best to avoid asking Thais (any Thais) personal or leading questions to begin with, especially those who you only plan to engage with on a short time basis. No one in the world knows more about how to provide the service we're talking about better than a Thai. And it's for that reason that almost all of your sexual interactions with them will always be great... :)

P.S. You're not marrying him - just having short-time sex with him. So if he doesn't look exactly like his picture just turn off the lights and have a good time. Mai pen rai.
Jun

Post by Jun »

That's an interesting insight into a Thai LTR.

Most of the boys I meet are from Laos and Cambodia. Over 80% on the last trip. So the question is, how much read across is there ?
Certainly some, but all the lads I meet are different.
For example, some will tell me all about their family. Others say nothing.

Making sure he understands he really has to keep his promises to get paid seems to be more essential with Cambodian lads, but once we're over that hurdle, they are delightful.
pong

Post by pong »

And do not forget the Bumese (from MYanmar as their govt now wants to name it). Witty and clever often and not too demanding-mostly.
Nice discussion here on this forum.
Just saw that 1st notes are now some 11 yrs old-no idea it is already that long in the air.