Boys

Post by Jun »

The dating stats for my most recent trip were as follows:

Lao 47%
Khmer 24%
Thai 19%
Massage 9%
Vietnamese 2%

That's counted by number of meetings and there is some deliberate rounding off/approximation.

I always keep a record of who I date, where they are from, whether they were any good and what I paid.
I find this very useful, as it helps me to remember who to invite back and who not to see again. It's also looks good if I remember their name & details. The records are kept on the "Color Note" app and it's easy to paste them into Excel after the holiday.

I don't filter by nationality. I look for slim, cute and attractive. Looking for slim guys increases the percentage of Lao & Khmer lads relative to Thai.

So Lao boys were top of the list. My trip did include a visit to Laos, but even if I exclude that, Lao boys would be at 43% of the dates in Thailand. It's easier to find a willing Lao boy in Pattaya or Bangkok than it is in Laos. Some of the lads back in Laos don't have ID, whereas all the ones in Thailand have it.

Thai is in third place at 19%.
I do most of my dating on apps and the last new Thai lad I met via the apps in Pattaya was in December 2021.
The only two Thai lads to visit my room in Pattaya on the most recent trip were one adorable lad I first met in Bangkok and another who I offed from Winner. As we know, Winner has only Thai staff.

I put massage in a separate category, just because that's the way I choose to do it. My preferred masseur is Thai, but there were also some Lao guys in there as well.

Remarkably, a Vietnamese lad makes it onto my list. That's the first Vietnamese lad to make it to my room in Thailand. Also the first in my room since I landed in Singapore when the yellow shirts shut Suvarnabhumi and I had to rearrange my holiday (2008).
Vietnam has 97 million people & Laos has 7.4 million. I guess the Vietnamese are not keen on working as money boys.
The Vietnamese guy was very good. He did everything promised and did it well. I actually insisted on seeing his ID card for proof of age. He did lie about his age, being older than claimed. As he looks like the claimed age, that's OK with me.
Dodger

Re: Boys

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:41 pm
Lao 47%
Khmer 24%
Thai 19%
Massage 9%
Vietnamese 2%
Minor observation:

I'm assuming you meant "Cambodian" when you listed "Khmer" - because Khmer is a language, not a people or culture.

Khmer, which is similar to Thai but with a completely different dialect is also spoken by some Thais in places like Korat, Nakon Rachasima, Buriram, Surin, Si Saket, etc. which have direct borders with Cambodia. What makes it more confusing is that some Laotians speak Khmer as well.

It's all good!
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:09 amI'm assuming you meant "Cambodian" when you listed "Khmer" - because Khmer is a language, not a people or culture.
Good point.
Although 90% of Cambodians are Khmer, that doesn't mean they all are & the term could include Khmers in other countries.
So I should follow your advice and describe them as Cambodian.

One thing is clear, they all have slightly different characteristics.

Top of the list is a Cambodian lad who has been in Pattaya for several years and I see him regularly. He's not been home for several years and avoids the topic of visas and border stamps. A nice lad with an adorable smile and he tends to be quite playful. He knows enough English to do his job and hold a short conversation. He is slowly learning more.
I hardly ever see him out in Jomtien Complex. Most of the other lads I know now work at a bar, although, I met most of them via apps.

There's another Cambodian lad who has been in Pattaya for several years. He now works in a host bar, but he doesn't know enough English to hold a conversation & isn't learning any. What conversation there is tends to be "When you see me next ? When you see me next ?...."
So whilst I might meet him a few times during a trip, I rarely join him for a drink at his bar.
He's usually sat alone or with a bored looking client. He says he doesn't have the time to learn English.
Of course, does know enough English to get the deal done and he's quite good in bed, where language skills don't matter.
At the start of the trip, he absolutely insisted on having my LINE ID. I said you already have it on 2 Line accounts and showed him. Anyway, a third account was added. [Copying a Line account from one phone to another is easy enough, but I'm not quite sure what happens if the phone is lost or broken]

A third Cambodian lad, who I like a lot, but haven't yet "offed" doesn't spend much time at all in Pattaya. He says he last saw me pre-covid & I definitely remember him from somewhere. He's slim, cute and speaks a lot of English, although he can't read English, or Thai. I was hoping to get to know him further, but he went home for a family wedding and must have had a change of plan, as he didn't come back when he said he would.

Of the remaining Cambodian lads, some will be one time only and some might get a second chance.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:17 pm
One thing is clear, they all have slightly different characteristics.
Ah..."Variety" the spice of life!

With a strong preference for the slim pretty-boy types myself I've always ranked the Thai boys at the top of the list.

Having said that, my boyfriend is mostly Thai with a smidgeon of Cambodian and even a touch of Chinese in his family tree. What a great recipe!
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:25 pmAh..."Variety" the spice of life!
Agreed.

I actually do a lot of repeat meetings, seeing the same guys again. However, they are all slightly different and there's a lot of rotation, so I rarely meet the same guy twice in succession.

Dodger wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:25 pmWith a strong preference for the slim pretty-boy types myself I've always ranked the Thai boys at the top of the list.
I don't select by nationality.
I use other criteria and that just happens to result in Lao and Cambodian lads outnumbering the Thais. This includes guys who perform well enough to get invited back.

Admittedly I sometimes make exceptions with my criteria. One lad I meet has a lovely smile and some other endearing characteristics, yet he's far from slim.
A nice smile probably matters more than I might have declared so far. There was one lad I noticed on Grindr, cute but with a scowl. I eventually noticed him in a Jomtien bar. Very cute and slim but with a permanent scowl. Had he smiled & said hello, I might just have offered him a drink.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Lao Guys.

Again, I met quite a few Lao guys. Some are lads I've met on previous trips and seen again & again. There are others who I met once and may see again & some who I met once and am unlikely to see again. However, not a single dud among them.

The Lao guys I know in Pattaya & Bangkok all speak English reasonably well, much to their credit. Of course, these are the lads who have got off their butts and travelled into Thailand to earn a living. So there is a filter. On average, standards back in Laos are not quite at the same level.

I was pleased to catch up with one lad who I hadn't seen since pre-covid. He's still slim and fit and one of the very few guys I actually see WALKING around Pattaya. I see him near Dongtan beach, in South Pattaya and even North Pattaya. A very nice lad.
He's also got a job at a Jomtien host bar now and is quite pleasant to sit with. He's got the right attitude too. I even saw him giving one of his Cambodian co-workers a ticking off for playing with his phone rather than attending to his customer. The Cambodian lad sheepishly tried to claim he was doing some translation.

One of my other regulars is quite nice, but is putting on weight & getting a bit more complacent in bed. Although he speaks excellent English, it's increasingly obvious that we don't have much in common. His life revolves around consumerism -iPhone, iWatch, the 10th pair of branded trainers, other fashion & potentially expensive cosmetic treatments. Mine doesn't.

There was one delightful slim & entertaining lad who I met quite late in the trip at M-Bar, but didn't off, as I'd already arranged to see other guys. This was something of a wasted opportunity. I'm hoping he will be around for the next trip.

Another lad showed up at my room and initially, I thought were this guy's good. Then I fairly quickly realised he was trying to finish as fast as possible. Even with me asking him to slow down, he was probably the fastest date of the holiday. He must have asked me to meet again about 10 times, but with plenty of competition, it just isn't going to happen. I didn't meet one dud during the trip, but this one was probably the closest.

One of my favourite lads in Bangkok is also from Laos. Mid to late 20s, slim, in good shape, very nice, seems quite well educated and is good in bed too.

There were several others who I met just the once, but would willingly meet again if I could fit them in.

All this from a country with just 7.4 million people.

Just to avoid any misunderstanding, it's easier to find available Lao boys in Pattaya & Bangkok than in Laos. I met some in Laos, but it required more effort than in Pattaya.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:43 am it's easier to find available Lao boys in Pattaya & Bangkok than in Laos. I met some in Laos, but it required more effort than in Pattaya.
That is understandable. The Lao boys working in Bangkok and Pattaya are all there for the same reason and obviously are well away from their home turf. But in Lao many of them are from small communities and small neighborhoods, even in large cities, where everyone knows everything about everyone. It's a little more difficult for them when you find them at their home territory.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:01 amThat is understandable. The Lao boys working in Bangkok and Pattaya are all there for the same reason and obviously are well away from their home turf. But in Lao many of them are from small communities and small neighborhoods, even in large cities, where everyone knows everything about everyone. It's a little more difficult for them when you find them at their home territory.
Whilst I agree with your reasoning, they are not all discrete about how they earn their money.

One Lao lad had a morning video call with his mother, whilst in bed with me and he wasn't shy about including me in the shot some of the time either.
Others are fairly open about what they do on Facebook.

Of the lads who were available in Laos, one who I met later showed up in Bangkok.
Another who I knew from Pattaya and Bangkok showed up in Laos, although I've stopped seeing this one. I remember him telling me most of his regulars didn't want to see him any more, just as I was starting to think the same. All down to the level of service, not age or anything else, as this one will probably still look cute in 10 years time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:24 pm they are not all discrete about how they earn their money.
Perhaps not. Maybe from the parent's point of view it's "I don't care how you earn it, just keep sending money to me."

I know many Thai boys have said their parents don't ask questions - as long as the boy keeps sending money.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:42 pm Perhaps not. Maybe from the parent's point of view it's "I don't care how you earn it, just keep sending money to me."
I know many Thai boys have said their parents don't ask questions - as long as the boy keeps sending money.
I bet most of the parents know precisely what goes on in Pattaya. Also, it's not difficult to do the maths. If a lad is earning, say, 100 to 200% of the minimum wage in a normal job and having to fund his own living expenses, how would he have money left over to send home ?

One of the lads I know who is very open about what he does, has a sister working in a "restaurant" in Bangkok. It's fairly clear that her "restaurant" is not a topic for discussion, so I guess she's in the same line of employment as he is.