Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Boys

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:06 am Much to my surprise I received 12 chat requests within just a few hours. I thought I might get 1 or 2, but 12? I wasn't expecting that. I'm sure every one of them were boys hoping for money, but I really did get that many.

The point is, no matter where you go in Thailand, no matter how far in "The Outback" you might be, if you want to meet boys, all you need to do is open one of the hook-up apps and you will virtually be sure not to have to spend a lonely night . . .
I wish I had such luck, dashing good looks, or whatever it is that gets such a result.

When I'm in other parts of Thailand, there will be numerous approaches from people well over 40 & perhaps a few from muscular tops.
However, it would be a well above average day if I get any approaches from a reasonably cute & available twink.

Admittedly, I usually stop in a town or city with a bus or railway station, rather than right out in the sticks.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:28 pm I wish I had such luck
If at first you don't succeed . . .

I guarantee it wasn't dashing good looks. Maybe the attraction was non-dashing ______________ looks. You get to fill in that blank.

Most of them were twinks. I was in an area where it's rare to see farang at all, let alone gay farang. I believe they were hoping for money, but only one mentioned money right from the start. I had no interest in meeting any of them, so my response was "I am only here today. I live in Pattaya. Tomorrow I go back to Pattaya." That was the end of the conversation with most, but a few persisted. I did not respond.

Why their interest in me? I can only guess. But I'm not going to bother trying to guess. For what? I'll never know for sure because I didn't meet any of them.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:34 pmI was in an area where it's rare to see farang at all, let alone gay farang.
This might be one difference. Most of the places I go to have other farang, so there's less of a novelty factor.

From the profile photo, most of the locals seem to have a whiter skin tone than I do ;). So perhaps I need to fix that.
pinoyfriends

Post by pinoyfriends »

Gaybutton:
Can you elaborate on where in Isan you were?
I imagine the most interest would be from Khon Kaen or Udon Thani. I understand these are larger towns? I've not been to either.
If you are very very rural there will be too few within visiting distance.
Jun

Post by Jun »

pinoyfriends wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:17 pm I imagine the most interest would be from Khon Kaen or Udon Thani. I understand these are larger towns?
These are not gay Meccas.

On my first visit to Udon, I think I hooked up with one slightly chubby lad in 3 nights. On the second visit, nobody in 2 nights. I did buy a lad in the Bee Boy Bar a drink, but it was looking rather like he might be the BF of the owner, rather than a prospect.

In Khon Kaen, I think I managed one lad in 3 nights on the first visit and none in a single night on the second.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

pinoyfriends wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:17 pm Gaybutton:
Can you elaborate on where in Isan you were?
I was out in the boondocks of the Chaiyaphum province, which in itself is the boondocks. Somehow I doubt you, or anyone else reading this, are likely to ever find yourself anywhere near where I was.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:34 am In Khon Kaen, I think I managed one lad in 3 nights on the first visit and none in a single night on the second.
I am surprised that you were having any trouble at all finding boys in these places. I've been in both Udon and Khon Kaen before and the only problem I had regarding boys was deciding which ones to meet. There was also no problem about just meeting boys on your own. I remember during my visit to Khon Kaen my friends took me to a small waterfall, which is where the locals liked to go to swim. A boy tried to pick up me! I felt flattered, but I was already with friends, so nothing came of it. I don't know why similar experiences don't seem to be happening for you.

I can't imagine what has been going wrong for you in these places. There are certainly plenty of boys available. There are plenty of boys available no matter where I've been in Thailand. Maybe you need to lower your standards when traveling in the provinces. Maybe you're simply looking in the wrong places. Maybe you're trying too hard.

I wish I had better suggestions for you.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Hua Hin is another place with fewer available boys than you might expect, although I usually find one eventually.

I met one on my last short stay there, earlier in the year.
He was OK, but nothing memorable. He keeps messaging me about once a month, asking when do I go to Hua Hin. I've told him not for a few years, but he hasn't taken the hint.
I suspect he's not finding that many customers.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:32 am I met one on my last short stay there, earlier in the year.
How did you meet him? In a bar? With an app? Something else?

If someone is looking to meet a willing young gent in Hua Hin, do you have any suggestions for the best way to go about it?
Jun

Post by Jun »

I met the Hua Hin lad via an app.
There is also the option of the "New Guy" bar. However, the most promising lad there was intent on offering a massage in the room upstairs. I've been in there once on a previous visit and have no plans to ever set foot in that room again.

There were reports of a new gay bar, but that was closed at the time of my visit.