Transfering Money to Thailand

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Transfering Money to Thailand

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:29 pmWould there be a good reason to switch from Wise to XE?
People sometimes have problems with Wise compliance checks on ID, proof of income sources etc and their customer service is poor at resolving such problems.
So there would be a reason to use XE as an emergency back up, if you have to transfer money and have not resolved problems with Wise.
I cannot think of any reason to use XE as your first choice.
Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:29 pmAre there any other similar money transfer services?
There are loads of money transfer services, however many are much more expensive and I don't yet know of anything competitive with Wise on costs.

There are numerous companies advertising on Facebook etc. The adverts might say "click here for good rates".
I try clicking and instead of posting good rates, they ask customers to firstly open an account, which is something of a red flag.

Before discovering Wise, I tried opening accounts with a couple of companies & the rates were almost as bad as the banks. At one company, a rep phoned me to ask why I wasn't using the service. I said exchange rates, so he offered me a better rate. For one deal. That wasn't repeated & I closed the account.

If anyone does know of a company fully competitive with Wise, INCLUDING ALL COSTS, I'd also like to know about it.