Nationality of Bar Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Nationality of Bar Boys

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:53 pmtheir home countries - usually Cambodia, Laos, or Myanmar
How often do you meet a lad from Myanmar ?

The boys I meet usually come from Cambodia or Laos, with a few Thais making up the numbers.

I think my last Burmese lad in Thailand was offed from Fresh Boys in December 2019.

I don't know why I meet relatively few in Thailand. I doubt it's a reluctance to do such work, as there were quite a lot of them offering a broad range of massage services in Yangon. Some were very good. I'm surprised we don't see more arriving in Thailand, as Myanmar is even poorer than Laos or Cambodia on a GDP per capita basis.
Gaybutton

Re: Nationality of Bar Boys

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:18 pm How often do you meet a lad from Myanmar ?
In my case I have no idea. I almost never ask them where they come from. If I find out where they come from it is only because they volunteered the information, and that doesn't come up in conversation very often. I don't ask because I really couldn't care less where they come from. I don't go to the bars very often anyway.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:03 pm In my case I have no idea. I almost never ask them where they come from.
It depends very much on your location in Thailand as to whether you are likely to meet Myanmar guys. It's much easier for Lao and Cambodian boys to get to Bangkok and Pattaya, rather than heading up north to Chiang Mai. On the other hand there are several million Shan in Northern Thailand, which is a simple hop across the very porous border for them. There are certainly Myanmar boys in Bangkok (including some members of my family) but my feeling is that the vast majority are in the North.
On a visit to Adam's Apple, many years ago, there was not a single Thai working there.....they were all Shan. I don't suppose it's very different now.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:03 pmIn my case I have no idea. I almost never ask them where they come from.
I almost never fail to ask where they come from and after they name the country, I ask where in the country.
My small talk follows the same lines as gogo boys.

Also, if his age is marginal, I make ID card checks, which is another way of finding out his nationality. Who knows, I might get to tick off another country ?

I then keep notes. This helps me to remember what the lad was like the previous time and usually to make a good impression by showing I remember his name, etc.
Obviously I remember all the outstanding boys and the very poor ones.
The note taking helps with the ones who were reasonably good, or slightly poor, so I can decide who is worth a repeat meeting from that group.

billyhouston wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:26 pm It depends very much on your location in Thailand as to whether you are likely to meet Myanmar guys. It's much easier for Lao and Cambodian boys to get to Bangkok and Pattaya, rather than heading up north to Chiang Mai. On the other hand there are several million Shan in Northern Thailand, which is a simple hop across the very porous border for them. There are certainly Myanmar boys in Bangkok (including some members of my family) but my feeling is that the vast majority are in the North.
On a visit to Adam's Apple, many years ago, there was not a single Thai working there.....they were all Shan. I don't suppose it's very different now.

I'm not entirely convinced it's easier for all Lao guys to get to Bangkok than Chiang Mai.
For those who fly, as some do these days, Bangkok is easier.
For those travelling overland, Chiang Mai is probably easier for anyone starting from Northern Laos.
From Vientiane, I guess Bangkok is easier by bus, so on average you're probably right.

Having said that, some of the Lao guys I know have travelled to Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin & Phuket, but I've never heard of them going to Chiang Mai. So choice might have a lot to do with it.

The Lao lads seem to speak and read Thai, so they probably find it much easier than lads from some other countries.

From central & southern Myanmar, surely getting to Bangkok is just as easy as Chiang Mai ?

When I was last in Chiang Mai, finding any available lads of my preferred type of cute & slim was difficult. I eventually managed it, but had just two lads visit my room, one of them twice. All I know of Adams Apple is that the boys weren't really my type.
Montree

Post by Montree »

I know a guy from Myanmar quite well. He worked in the now closed “Cupidol” and now visits Pattaya when he thinks he can find “customers” without actually working in a Bar.

When he’s not in Pattaya he often stays near to the Myanmar border and seems to have no problem in quick trips across the border to see his mother. (I was going to include a photo but as I don’t know how he manages his frequent border crossings and his Visa I won’t risk identifying him)

I spoke to him on FaceTime yesterday and he’s currently in Bangkok working as a masseur but complained about the lack of customers. He says he will be back in Pattaya around Christmas.

His best friend also worked in Cupidol and he is from Laos and now at University. He used to fly to Bangkok from Laos when he had the money or travel by minibus and taxi when he didn't. Actually he says he travels by "Wan" (Van).

I certainly come across more guys these days from Laos than previously but far fewer from Myanmar.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Montree wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:36 pm I was going to include a photo but as I don’t know how he manages his frequent border crossings and his Visa I won’t risk identifying him
I'm glad you didn't post his photo. If he asks you to, that's one thing, but since he didn't and he is a bar boy and masseur, then he is working illegally in Thailand. Since anyone in the world can read this board, even if they are not a board member, there is no way to know who is looking at his photo. If he ever gets caught or has any problems, I wouldn't want it to be because of anything to do with the board.
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

Montree wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:36 pm I know a guy from Myanmar quite well. He worked in the now closed “Cupidol” and now visits Pattaya when he thinks he can find “customers” without actually working in a Bar.
Hi. If your guy is slim twink, can you PM me? I will be in Bangkok next week!
Jun

Post by Jun »

KeithAmbrose wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:52 pmHi. If your guy is slim twink, can you PM me? I will be in Bangkok next week!
If he's slim, cute and does a good job, that's exactly the type of lad I like too.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Jun wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:07 amHaving said that, some of the Lao guys I know have travelled to Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin & Phuket, but I've never heard of them going to Chiang Mai
Just as I wrote that, one of the Lao guys I know has gone to Chiang Mai.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Some Myanmar guys work in Parraya bars.