Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Post by Gaybutton »

The Nation wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:49 pm and urged the police to prosecute these tourists and the store that rented the vehicles to them.
Why are they being referred to as tourists? They are not tourists. They are criminals, going to someone else's country, literally taking over a section of a city, and then behaving like this with utter impunity. They see no reason to stop. The police did not arrest any of them. They told some of them they would be prosecuted. Obviously that threat doesn't even begin to be taken seriously or deter them in any way.

Would be prosecuted? If you didn't arrest them, how are you going to prosecute them? By the time they get around to that, they'll have long returned to Kuwait.

I don't understand why the authorities have let this situation get completely out of control, apparently worse now than it has ever been. This goes on year after year and nothing serious is ever done.

These people need to be arrested, prosecuted, jailed, heavily fined, and then deported and blacklisted from ever returning to Thailand.

I would have thought a city that is always concerned about its "good image" needs to take a look at what tolerating this does to its image. For sure it doesn't help it.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The Nation wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:49 pmA hotel security guard added that many guests had reported similar incidents and some had even moved to different hotels.
Not just people moving hotels, but what about those who know of the issue and don't even book the hotels in the first place ?
Noisy motorcycles late at night are not good for the hotel business.
Then if people aren't staying nearby, the odds of them going out for a quiet beer in Sunee are reduced. So it's probably not good for the bar business either.

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:25 am Would be prosecuted? If you didn't arrest them, how are you going to prosecute them? By the time they get around to that, they'll have long returned to Kuwait.
I don't understand why the authorities have let this situation get completely out of control, apparently worse now than it has ever been. This goes on year after year and nothing serious is ever done.
No money in it for the police ?
Late at night, I think they would rather set up their routine road block on the Pattaya to Jomtien road and collect tea money off some nicer people, than go and do some serious policing & get close to the scum.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Considering the sheer volume of Arabs nesting in the Yensabai area the local hotels and motorbike rental shops are reaping the harvest - which is probably the reason they don't complain about the noise and mayhem.

I wonder how much $$tea money$$ is circulating between these businesses and the BIB?

If I was an expat residing in Yensabai Condo (the only place in the immediate area where expats reside) I would have already packed my bags. What good is complaining going to do?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:49 am What good is complaining going to do?
It won't do any good whatsoever.

I know of no evidence, other then opinions and guesses, that the BiB are accepting tea money to ignore the situation. However, if it turns out they really are accepting tea money, the only way I can think of that might put a stop to it is to offer them more than they're already getting - enough more to get them to do the job they're supposed to be doing in the first place.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:25 am These people need to be arrested, prosecuted, jailed, heavily fined, and then deported and blacklisted from ever returning to Thailand.
May I add while in jail made to eat pork burgers.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:51 am May I add while in jail made to eat pork burgers.
Now now - let's not go overboard.
On second thought, let's do . . .
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Pattaya police crack down on Kuwaiti street racers disrupting traffic
Top19 hours ago

Kuwaiti street racers are disturbing Pattaya traffic with loud and disruptive behaviour. (via 77kaoded)
In the busy streets of South Pattaya, the rising clamour of Middle Eastern street racers revving their engines late into the night has become a troublesome traffic disturbance for locals and businesses alike. The continual uproar has driven some hotel guests to cancel their stays, according to hotel operators in the area.

Early this morning, law enforcement officers from the Pattaya police station descended upon Soi Yen Sabai in South Pattaya. They were responding to numerous complaints from locals about a group of primarily Kuwaiti young adults causing a commotion with their rented, souped-up motorcycles.

The complaints stated that these young men were not just making a ruckus with their revving engines, but also inconveniencing others by haphazardly parking their vehicles all over the alley. This cavalier attitude included parking in front of houses without permission and recklessly driving loudly up and down the street, disregarding traffic laws. The disgruntled residents and guests also said that the riders didn’t wear helmets and did not have valid driving licenses or insurance, reported The Pattaya News.

On their arrival at around 1am, the police discovered the street within Soi Yen Sabai fully blocked by parked motorcycles, causing a logjam that prevented normal traffic from getting through. Efforts by law enforcement to disperse the group by deploying patrol cars with sirens and making announcements were met with indifference. The group stood around, watching the police with obvious amusement.

By the end of the confrontation, the police had confiscated 15 motorcycles disrupting traffic. They are planning to initiate legal proceedings against the tourists and the agencies who rented out the vehicles.

A hotelier who wished to remain anonymous said that the perpetual noise was causing hotel guests to check out early. He appealed to the authorities to enforce the law more strictly against such disruptive tourists.

The issue of traffic accidents involving Middle Eastern tourists seems to be on the rise in Pattaya. On July 17, in a case highlighting traffic safety issues, a Kuwaiti tourist sustained severe leg injuries after scraping against a traffic barrier while riding as a passenger on a motorcycle.

To address this escalating situation, Pattaya Police have tried collaborating with the Kuwati ambassador, by requesting he educated their citizens on the traffic rules in Thailand. However, this has so far seemed ineffectual. With the continuing disturbances and increasing accidents, the demand for stricter enforcement is growing progressively louder among the local populace.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I am annoyed by the way the media keeps referring to these scumbags as tourists. They are criminals. They are not here as tourists. They do nothing tourists do. The go nowhere tourists go. They contribute nothing. Their behavior is criminal. And to conduct this criminal activity is the only reason they go to Pattaya. That's their idea of a great time and not a single one of them show the slightest concern or even the most minimal common courtesy to others.

They behave like criminals and they are criminals - and that's how I think the media ought to refer to them.

I hope none of the locals snap, take the law into their own hands, and make things even worse. I've many times seen far less provoke the most violent retaliation.

Again, I have no idea why the Pattaya powers-that-be tolerate this.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Dodger wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:49 am If I was an expat residing in Yensabai Condo (the only place in the immediate area where expats reside) I would have already packed my bags. What good is complaining going to do?
You are quite right Dodger.

I stayed in Yensabai Condo twice a year for about 16 years whilst holidaying in Thailand.

Last year I made the decision to change to Jomtien partially because of these bikers from the Sandpit and partially because of the downturn of Sunee Plaza.

I’m not returning.
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

Window dressing?