Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Arab Motorcycle Scum Return

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:16 pmDo you have any evidence to support that the Kuwaiti motorbike problem is a result of police taking bribes to ignore it?
None of us have evidence, but what's your theory to explain the situation ?

My hypothesis is a combination of the police not caring, it being too much work and possibly when laws are broken, allowing people off with modest bribes. Bearing in mind, we all know the latter goes on in certain circumstances.

Or if you prefer, carry on saying you cant figure it out, whilst dismissing a very plausible explanation.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:00 pm Or if you prefer, carry on saying you cant figure it out, whilst dismissing a very plausible explanation.
I do dismiss it because I don't see it as plausible at all. To me that makes no sense. I wish it did because that would make it very simple, but I don't see bribes fitting into this in any way.

You ask what my theory is to explain the situation. Again, I don't have one because I'm not coming up with anything that makes any sense, and that includes your theory. When bribery is involved in anything, there is a reason for it. What would be the reason for bribes in this situation, especially since it would have to be one hell of a substantial bribe?

I'll ask again - Who would be doing this bribing? What would motivate anyone to bribe whoever gets bribed to let Kuwaitis go to Pattaya every year and spend a month or so running amok on motorbikes? Who would be in a position to accept such bribes and prevent the police from doing anything substantial about it? Does that really make sense to you?

If you have any sensible answers to those questions, your theory would then start becoming plausible - maybe. . .

Meanwhile there was a bit of justice last night. See the video on "Headline News" - exactly 4 minutes into the video: viewtopic.php?p=111204#p111204
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I visited the Yensabai area again this morning...no change...same smiling mustaches blocking the sois.

It's really funny if you just sit back and observe what they're doing (or actually not doing).

They're constantly jumping on their motorbikes racing off as if they have a hot date or a party to go to - only to return to the exact same spot 3 minutes later after driving around in a monotonous figure-eight pattern. Around-and-around they go and where the wheel stops nobody knows. When they return to their starting points they immediately engage in conversation with others who have also finished driving their figure-eight patterns - before taking off again to repeat the very same figure-eight pattern again smiling all the way.

Maybe this is some sort of religious ceremony intended for young Arab men to gain merit. Or maybe the constant figure-eight patterns have some sort of mystical powers intended to prepare them for the after-life...who knows? But regardless why they're doing it - it sure seems to be keeping them content.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:03 pm I visited the Yensabai area again this morning...no change...same smiling mustaches blocking the sois.
Why do I think one thing you didn't see - any police presence whatsoever?

And why does the article below still refer to them as "tourists"? This whole situation and the authorities' response to it just about requires a separate
"I Don't Get It" list of its own.

Here are details about that accident shown in the video I posted about above:

Kuwaiti Motorcyclist Slams into Power Pole in Pattaya

By Tanakorn Panyadee

16 August, 2023

A Kuwaiti tourist crashed his motorbike into a power pole in the small hours of Wednesday, August 16th. He suffered only minor scratches and injuries and was taken to a hospital by his friends.

Police Lt. Col. Niphon Intarakul, a duty officer at the Nongprue police station, told The Pattaya News that the accident occurred at 1:00 AM near a mobile phone repair shop in the Banglamung district of Chonburi.

Emergency responders rushed to the accident scene to rescue the victim after getting a phone call from a witness only to find a group of Kuwaiti men surrounding a damaged gray Honda Forza motorcycle.

They learned from the tourists that some of their friends had already taken the victim, an unidentified Kuwaiti man, to a local hospital by themselves.

The injured tourist was reported to have crashed into a utility pole in front of a mobile repair shop. He suffered only scrapes to his right hand.

The group of Kuwaiti men were found to be negotiating with the unidentified shop owner for financial compensation for the property damage before Pattaya officials arrived. An unidentified eyewitness told rescuers that the victim was riding the motorbike at a high speed in a group before he slammed into a pole, seemingly disregarding road rules and regulations. (GB: Seemingly ?!?!?)

Police Lt. Col. Niphon told The Pattaya News that police were reviewing footage of security cameras to identify the injured tourist for possible legal action in regards to compensation for the damages to the shop owner, who was reportedly displeased with initial offers of damage compensation. Pattaya police also wanted to determine if the rider had a proper driver’s license, insurance, and registration.

This is not the first accident or situation involving a Kuwaiti tourist recently, as this has become a regular occurrence in Pattaya for the past several weeks.

On August 10th, a group of Thai men clashed with Kuwaiti tourists over a traffic accident in South Pattaya.

The tourist reportedly refused to provide financial compensation for the damage to the Thai man’s vehicle and escaped, leading to the fight.

Pattaya police have implemented several measures to deter these accidents including ordering rental motorbike shops to carefully check the identity documents of their foreign customers and keep a record of them, in case those customers used the vehicles to engage in street racing and disturb the public.

Story and photos: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/16/k ... n-pattaya/

As for this:
Pattaya police also wanted to determine if the rider had a proper driver’s license, insurance, and registration.
I'll give you three guesses . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:15 am I'll ask again - Who would be doing this bribing? What would motivate anyone to bribe whoever gets bribed to let Kuwaitis go to Pattaya every year and spend a month or so running amok on motorbikes? Who would be in a position to accept such bribes and prevent the police from doing anything substantial about it? Does that really make sense to you?

If you have any sensible answers to those questions, your theory would then start becoming plausible - maybe. . .
I'll explain again.
If you have a police force that exists to collect bribes, it's far easier to set up regular late night roadblocks, such as the one between Pattaya & Jomtien. This requires very little effort and only needs about 5 people and most of them can sit on their butts. They get to deal with nicer customers.

Why do something difficult instead of that ?
If the motivation is bribe collection, they go for the easy money.
If the motivation were to be an effective & credible police force, they would deal with the Arab scum. They are not motivated to do that.

If they want to deal with the Arabs, they need to turn up in larger numbers. I guess they also need to move quickly, as motorcycles will be parked at the first sign of brown uniforms.
Then once they do catch them, it's likely to be for traffic offences. Are you going to tell me that Pattaya Police don't collect bribes for those ?

I'm not saying my hypothesis is correct, but it's all plausible.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:18 pm I'll explain again.
Don't bother. You stated your case more than once and I stated mine more than once. I see no point in continuing to debate about it, especially when neither of us know what the real story is and we'll just find different ways to say the same things we've already said.

However, if anyone else wants to chime in on why you think the motorbike maniacs are being tolerated and allowed to get away with this, please feel free.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:49 pm However, if anyone else wants to chime in on why you think the motorbike maniacs are being tolerated and allowed to get away with this, please feel free.
I'd like to hear that too.
We have plenty of ideas on how to fix it, but few are sticking their head above the parapet with a theory for why it's tolerated.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:57 pm We have plenty of ideas on how to fix it, but few are sticking their head above the parapet with a theory for why it's tolerated.
All I know is that every time one of these unexplainable phenomena's occur in Thailand it ALWAYS comes down to $$money$$.

There are dozens of small hotels clustered in-and-around the Soi Yensabai triangle - all of which have hordes of motorbikes parked in front when the Arabs (mostly Kuwaiti's) are here on holiday. No doubt, a lot of Arab money is flowing in the pipelines.

I wonder if any of these establishments are owned (or otherwise controlled) by the BIB? I have the same question about the long list of motorbike rental shops surrounding the area, most of which don't require (or enforce) that customers have legal drivers licenses, proof of insurance, etc. which are all infractions which violate Thai law. Could some of them be owned (or controlled) by the BIB? Or could it be that tea money is keeping the wheels turning?

My bet is on the $$tea money$$ every time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If Dodger is correct, then wouldn't it stand to reason that hotels and motorbike shops are not recent purchases? I've never seen a "For Sale" sign on any of them, so whoever owns these places probably purchased them long ago, before there was so much of a problem. If any BiB bought them, they would have had to anticipate these hordes of Kuwaitis coming, what they intended to do when they got here, and where they were going to go to do these things. In my opinion that would have taken quite a crystal ball.

I'll grant that something must have gotten these Kuwaitis to go to Thailand for this activity, that Pattaya was the place to go, and which part of Pattaya it would be. All these years this has been going on, it's been the same sois around Sunee Plaza. And something convinced them they could just ignore laws, the police, and common decency and get away with it with impunity.

What makes these pieces of garbage want to go to a foreign country to do these things in the first place? They have nothing better to do on their holidays?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Arabian Tourist Killed, Two Others Injured in Pattaya Motorbike Accident

By Tanakorn Panyadee

17 August, 2023

An Arabian tourist was killed when his high-powered motorbike collided with another on Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya around midnight on Thursday, August 17th. Two other people were seriously injured.

Pol Lt. Akarapong Saenputawong, the duty officer at the Pattaya police station, received a report of the accident at midnight today. He rushed to the accident scene on Sukhumvit Road inbound to Sattahip, Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province, along with Sawang Boriboon emergency responders, The Pattaya News team, and medical personnel from Banglamung Hospital.

They found a significantly damaged black Honda Wave 110 motorcycle fallen on the road. The rider was identified as Mr. Boontai Vot, a 25-year-old Cambodian national. He suffered severe fractures on both legs and was in critical condition.

About 100 meters away from Mr. Boontai lay another two wounded men, both Arabian nationals although their exact country of origin was unclear. One of them had tragically lost his life in the accident, while another survived with serious injuries. Their damaged red Honda CBR 650 big bike was discovered near them. The identities of both men were not disclosed to the press by police.

An eyewitness, Mr. Wattana Promhong, 37, told The Pattaya News that he saw the Cambodian man emerging from Soi Khao Noi onto Sukhumvit Road. Then, the two Arabian men, who were riding a big bike at high speed, failed to brake and crashed at a high impact into the Cambodian man, throwing all three of them off their vehicles.

The emergency responders transferred the deceased and the two survivors to a nearby hospital. Pol. Lt. Akarapong stated that he would review security camera footage of the accident and inform the deceased’s embassy.

This latest road tragedy followed another accident where a Middle Eastern man crashed his motorbike into a utility pole in Pattaya on August 16th. Luckily, the man survived the mishap with minor scrapes on his arms. He was negotiating compensation for the damage he caused to a local shop at the time of reporting.

story and photos: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/17/a ... -accident/