Pattaya Immigration office continues new construction

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Pattaya Immigration office continues new construction

Post by Gaybutton »

Pattaya-Jomtien Immigration forges ahead with second stage improvements

By Pattaya Mail

July 18, 2023

The second stage of the customer-care improvements at Chonburi Immigration’s headquarters in Jomtien is now underway. Once completed, the former car park will be a wholly covered and self-contained area to make waiting times and bureaucratic processing less stressful for all concerned. The changes do not affect the Foreign Workers Employment Bureau or Legal Services network located alongside.

Meanwhile, rumors that the Jomtien immigration headquarters will move location either to Pattaya city center or to a rural spot in Na Jomtien have been shown inaccurate by the new multi-million baht improvements. Chief of Chonburi Immigration, police colonel Parinya Klinkesorn, on his appointment last February, promised City Hall that his aim was a smooth and hassle-free experience for law-abiding tourists and expats.

Story and photo: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattay ... nts-436124
Jun

Re: Pattaya Immigration office continues new construction

Post by Jun »

In 2023, surely all they need to construct is a new website to do most of the jobs online ? Then downsize the immigration building.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:52 pm In 2023, surely all they need to construct is a new website to do most of the jobs online ?
I am sure much more can be handled online besides only the 90-day address reports. As far as I know, downloading immigration application documents and the 90-day address report is all than can be done online. Nothing else. You can make appointments with immigration, but as far as my experience has gone, that is useless.

It is difficult and inconvenient enough for people local to immigration offices to have to make visits in person, but many people are not located anywhere near an immigration office, making it especially difficult for them.

Modernizing and making much more available online is long overdue, but I don't see any indication that anything will change within the foreseeable future.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

Bureaucracies never downsize themselves. I think it's unheard of anywhere in the world.
Jun

Post by Jun »

thewayhelooks wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:57 pmBureaucracies never downsize themselves. I think it's unheard of anywhere in the world.
This is where good accountable government comes in.
They should be looking for productivity improvements in the public sector, so they can get more output for the same money.

I suppose it's less likely in Thailand. Could you imagine the "Click Here to Add Bribe" box on the website ?
bkkguy

Post by bkkguy »

thewayhelooks wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:57 pm Bureaucracies never downsize themselves. I think it's unheard of anywhere in the world.
In the BBC comedy Yes Minister, Sir Humphrey Appleby, head of the Department of Administrative Affairs, explained this simply to his mister - businesses judge their success by the profit they make, bureaucracies do not make a profit, instead they judge their success by the size of their budget and downsizing would reduce their budget
I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!