New go go bar in Boyztown

Anything and everything about Thailand
DragonMaster

New go go bar in Boyztown

Post by DragonMaster »

If anyone is interested, a new go go bar has opened in Boyztown.

Classic Boy Bar has opened in the old Cupidol location. I stopped by last night to check it out, and had a nice chat with the owner.

Drinks prices vary slightly depending on the content, but are generally 250 baht for premium liquor.

Off fee’s 500 baht

Short time room 500 baht

The bar has only been open for a couple of days. Owner says he has 8 boys now, more coming. Only four present when I was there. Check it out if you are in the area. I hope he can do well.
Jun

Re: New go go bar in Boyztown

Post by Jun »

Thank you for the news.
What type of boys did he have & what were they wearing ?
DragonMaster

Post by DragonMaster »

Based on past posts, I would guess there is currently nothing in the bar that could meet your preferences.

The boys wear shorts, but keep in mind, the bar has only been open for a couple of days. It will take some time to increase the number of boys, so it would be unfair to generalize and pass judgement on the current staff. Two of the boys were fine with me, and four had already been taken off, so there must be something attractive to some. Best you pay a visit and form your own conclusions. In any case, it is nice to have another option to look into.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

I too have visited this bar and agree with Dragonmasters impressions and his opinion that it is too early to judge the bar. But I must say I wasn't impressed and will wait until they get more boys and more fun athmosphere until I think it's worth spending 250 baht there again on a drink. But I will have a look again there and see how the bar progresses.

I can add that it looks just like Cupidol. They hadn't changed much, except from some new tables.

I used to like that in Cupidol the boys wore nothing but tight sexy white briefs. It was disappointing to see now that the boys wore individual underwear and also socks and shoes instead of bare feet. This is on my "I don't get it"-list why gogo-boys wear socks and shoes in the gogo-bars when thaiboys normally always are barefeet indoors.

I also noticed that there was no soap in the toilet so I couldn't wash my hands, which reminded me of the old toilet facilities of Eros and Niceboys. I know I'm asking alot, but when drinks are 250 baht a piece I think they could afford to provide soap for customers. But thats just my opinion.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I knew that name sounded familiar. I'm wondering who owns it. This is not the first time there has been a bar called Classic Boys - it was on Soi 1 in the 1990s and eventually disappeared. Is it the same owner of someone simply using the same name for the bar?

The 1990s web site claimed to have 45 boys. I don't think so. Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be, but I don't remember any bar having that many boys.

Here is their 1990s web site, still online: http://www.pattayacity.com/pattaya-old/classicboys.html
Jun

Post by Jun »

DragonMaster wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:17 pmBased on past posts, I would guess there is currently nothing in the bar that could meet your preferences. The boys wear shorts, but keep in mind, the bar has only been open for a couple of days.
Well, let's give them some time.
Hopefully they will still be around next time I visit Thailand, thriving and with some nice lads in underwear.

There was one Bangkok gogo bar which opened last summer, with boys in jeans and loud music. By the time I arrived in December, they were closed & that's no surprise. No loss either.

This venture in Pattaya sounds closer to a viable gogo bar model, once they get it fully staffed & drop the shorts.

SP55 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:29 pmI can add that it looks just like Cupidol. They hadn't changed much, except from some new tables.
This makes complete sense. I don't understand these people who buy a bar and spend a small fortune to totally remodel it.
A good clean, minor renovations and some paint is all that certain bars need.
It's the boys, dress code and service that gets the customers in.
Gaybutton wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:42 pm This is not the first time there has been a bar called Classic Boys - it was on Soi 1 in the 1990s and eventually disappeared. Is it the same owner of someone simply using the same name for the bar?
The 1990s web site claimed to have 45 boys. I don't think so. Maybe my memory isn't what it used to be, but I don't remember any bar having that many boys.
Of course, there was also a Classic Boys in Bangkok.
As for the number of boys, I'm fairly sure Funny Boys had over 50 at it's peak. I remember counting the number of boys on the stage and there were a lot of them off the stage, as they almost had 2 complete sets of boys who were rotated slowly.
However, I can't think of any other bar getting close to that.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

When I visited Classic a few days ago the dancers were wearing underwear. Guess it all depends upon one's definition of underwear?
Jun

Post by Jun »

windwalker wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:16 am When I visited Classic a few days ago the dancers were wearing underwear. Guess it all depends upon one's definition of underwear?
Good point. Whilst the internet sourced photo shown below was described as "shorts", I suspect many would it as underwear.

The way I define the difference is by considering if most people would be happy to wear the garment on the street (shops etc). In which case the term shorts could be used. Underwear is something most people would only wear at home, or on the beach (the locals seem to consider swimming trunks and underwear as interchangeable).
The miserable garments worn on stage the last few times I made it to the door of Fresh Boys Bangkok were definitely shorts.

I'm guessing Classic does not have anything as interesting as this, but look forward to hearing updates from repeat visits. Hoping board members were sufficiently interested to return.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The dancers were not wearing swimming trunks or shorts!
Jun

Post by Jun »

windwalker wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:14 pmThe dancers were not wearing swimming trunks or shorts!
I was merely expanding on your comments about definition of underwear & without any intention to question your underwear statement.

We have seen random changes in dress code in other bars, so perhaps this is just another one of those. Hopefully they will stick with nothing more than underwear and add a few skinny twinks.